What's the difference . . .

rgc

Newly Enlightened
What\'s the difference . . .

between the L1 and an E1e with a KL1 head? I know I am asking a lot of questions, however, I did a search and really did not turn up much. Additionally, I know next to nothing about lights other than I like my Surefire G2s and my new Inova X5T, so any help here would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,
rgc

MrBenchmark

Enlightened
Re: What\'s the difference . . .

L1 is a dual level light. It uses what's essentially a 3rd generation KL1 head (maybe they've upgraded it now, though, I'm not sure about that), but the body has circuitry that provides regulation at two light levels. (low and high.) Low is enough to walk around a dark room without stubbing your toe. It's also good for closeup work. The high beam is probably better suited for walking around.

The KL1+e1e is shorter by at least an inch or so than the L1. It's has a single output level. The new KL1 is a very tight spotlight.

They are both pretty easy to carry - the KL1+e1e is a bit easier because it's smaller. The L1 is possibly more useful because of the dual light levels. I have both, and like them both. (Red L1, White KL1+e1e).

Hoghead

Flashaholic*

The L1 is about the same size as your x5T. The L1 on high is brighter than your X5T, but dimmer than your G2.

MrBenchmark

Enlightened

Forgot to mention that the current generation of KL1 should be brighter than the L1. You'd not go wrong with either light - both the L1 and KL1/e1e are really good lights that are easy to carry.