Any idea on Surefire lead times? (BO)

capnal

Enlightened
I placed an order Friday evening for myself, coworker, and one of the company owners.

6 line items.
3 of which were backordered.

Z25 Holster - Back Order - No date given to ship
Z50 Lanyard - Back Order - 2 to 3 weeks to ship
Item 71-06-187 Surefire Logo Hat - Back Order - No date given to ship

Has anyone else here experienced long delays in backorders?

What can I probably expect to wait?
These don't seem like terribly difficult items to fill. Don't seem like high priority items that perhaps would be going out first to LEO / Military units. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/confused.gif

pondhockey

Newly Enlightened
I've had a KL1 on BO since Dec. 23.
If I'd have had any idea, I'd have bought
one on B/S/T.
Makes me even happier to hear news from
the SHOT show about new releases that
utilize the KL1.

robinwa

Newly Enlightened
I've has a lamp back-ordered for my e-2 since 12/26, they didn't inform me at the time of the back-order, only after I called them in mid-Jan.

capnal

Enlightened
Just an update here.
Today is March 9th. So far, I have received the three items from this order that were in stock. After a call to them this afternoon, they did confirm they had the Z-50 lanyard and would ship that out. However, they still did not have the holster or hat. Additionally, they did not have any expected time when they would get any in.

This order was placed Friday, Feb. 4th.

Isn't there a thread about Surefire customer service in the C&J ? /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/frown.gif

cognitivefun

Enlightened
I ordered a SF and it shipped in two business days. I would phone them and ask if in doubt...

capnal

Enlightened
I now officially hate Surefire

My order has still not shipped.
My wife called and was told AGAIN that they do not have an expected ship date on the backordered items.
In other words, they have no idea when they will be able to ship 3 itmes.

This is not just bad, this is unacceptable.

I will never ever again give Surefire any more of my money.
I am done with them.

I know that Surefire will not miss my business, nor suffer from it, but, they have certainly made one very unhappy customer. What's more, I am telling everyone I know to NOT buy from them and offering this story as proof of poor service. I will continue to spread the word to everyone who asks me to NOT BUY FROM SUREFIRE.

Cornkid

Flashlight Enthusiast
Re: I now officially hate Surefire

Ok.. NO.. I dont buy from Surefire EVER. I always go through someone else; its less heartburn. I normally order it though a store or online site..
Surefire products are the best..

-tom

Bhustan

Newly Enlightened

I ordered similar items (lanyard and tailcap) on the second week of January of '05. I received them on the third week of March, which was the same day I drove to a local SureFire dealer and bought the backordered items because I was tired of waiting. Low and behold, when I got home from the store that day, a box from UPS was on my doorstep from Surefire. No email or phone call to let me know the order had shipped. I had also inquired on the phone with them mid-February to check the status and they said they were on back order and to expect them in 2-6 weeks. The day that I went to the store I was going to go home and cancel the order since I got my parts. I wasn't aware that they'd be coming to my house that same day. In my opinion, if you have a local dealer, go through them. The price will be the same (if not cheaper retail, and also no shipping costs). The clerk at the store said something about SF being a military supplier and having massive backorders.

Peace,
-B

KevinL

Flashlight Enthusiast

I recommend you folks buy from resellers who are known to be excellent communicators and who have stock on hand. You can't swing a flashlight without hitting some of them in B/S/T /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

They may not have all lights in stock at all times, but with good communication it would be easier to keep track of things with them, and besides, their wait times are often shorter than SF's online webstore. Besides, many of them are CPF supporters/supporting dealers.

270winchester

Flashlight Enthusiast

Agreed, the only light I bought from SF direct was my first SF the G2. Today I have 7 of them and all of them from resellers else where. There is no doubt that SUrefire warrantee service is THE best, but I felt like being a little more confident with who i pay the big bills to. For example, I got my E1l about two months ago from a CPF supporting dealer and it's not even listed on their website yet, and we are in the fourth month of the year here for crying out loud.

Oh well, just goes to show you that no company is perfect. HEck, quality, warranty, and attention to dirct sales, two out of three ain't bad, no?

Nick

nirad

Enlightened

I have had a Z57 TC ( to replace my defective one) on back order for over 3 weeks now. I called SF the other day and the rep said they were "unsure" when they would be back in stock. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/rant.gif

Guess I will just have to wait /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/frown.gif