Osram "Golden Dragons"

The_LED_Museum

*Retired*
Re: Osram \"Golden Dragons\"

From my website, comes this:

w5sg.jpg

Test current is 0.354 amps (354mA).
The published viewing angle is 120°, which is too wide for me to get a good intensity reading with the instruments at my disposal.
The color temperature of this LED appears to be approximately 6,500°K to 7,000°K. This is a cool, pure white color. There are no hints of yellow, blue, violet, or "rotten cat urine green" anywhere in this LED's beam. The beam is very smooth, with no rings, dark blotches, or other irregularities in it.

The_LED_Museum

*Retired*

I was told that these light bases use a Nichia high-powered SMD LED.
Visually comparing the LED in this light base with my Golden Dragon, they aren't the same LED.

PhotonWrangler

Flashaholic

[ QUOTE ]
The_LED_Museum said:
I was told that these light bases use a Nichia high-powered SMD LED.
Visually comparing the LED in this light base with my Golden Dragon, they aren't the same LED.

[/ QUOTE ]

DOH! You're right, Craig. Sorry I got them mixed up. That's why YOU'RE running the museum and not me! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/blush.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/bowdown.gif

I still like it though, and I've purchased a few different "crystal" cubes to go with it.

PhotonWrangler

Flashaholic

[ QUOTE ]
Mordachai said:
Hmmm
I was just looking at those same bases, and am now wondering if they are worth it. Sure seem to be ?

any more thoughts?

[/ QUOTE ]

I think they are. The Power LED base is quite bright for it's size and well heatsinked with an aluminum plate.