Snow LED

pur3h8r3d

Newly Enlightened
Ok, I'm kinda new to all of this. Mr friend got me into Flashlights and I was going to purchase the McKinley 3v CR123 7LED Type III HA Hi-Power from www.peakledsolutions.com and I was wondering which color LED I should get. Snow or White? I will be using this to work on the inside of computers and I'm not sure which one would suit me best. My Friend said White but the snow looks brighter. Help? /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/confused.gif

maninblack

Newly Enlightened
I think most people here would prefer the tint of the snow as opposed to the white. White 5mm leds tend to be pretty blue. I would def go for the snow if you want accurate color rendition.

pur3h8r3d

Newly Enlightened
yea i was leaning torwards the snow because it looked better and almost brighter on the color charts but i just didnt know for sure

Former_Mag_User

Enlightened
Craig, whose idea was it to send you a 1xAAA PEAK with a red LED?

(If it was your idea, no offense meant! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif )

TORCH_BOY

Flashlight Enthusiast
pur3h8r3d
Welcome to the jungle

I have heard of white and warm white Luxeon LEDS
warm white more like that of an incadescent lamp

BentHeadTX

Flashlight Enthusiast
I have a Peak AAA 3 snow LED high output and it is whiter than my Arc AAA-P. The whiter the light, the easier it is to see the markings on chips, etc.

My Peak AA 5 snow LED brass light is whiter than my Ivova X-5 although not brighter. I passed on the HO option on the AA, figured the cell would have enough problems driving 5 LEDs. Go for the snow!

davidra

Enlightened
Agreed. I have a brass standard 1 LED and a 3 LED snow. The snow LED's are definitely whiter (and of course much brighter given there are three of them).

The_LED_Museum

*Retired*
[ QUOTE ]
Former_Mag_User said:

(If it was your idea, no offense meant! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif )

[/ QUOTE ]
It was my idea. I bought it on Ebay in May of last year, specifically to add to my website. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Former_Mag_User

Enlightened
[ QUOTE ]
The_LED_Museum said:
[ QUOTE ]
Former_Mag_User said:

[/ QUOTE ]
It was my idea. I bought it on Ebay in May of last year, specifically to add to my website. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

Oh, ok. Now I noticed that on your review. I thought PEAK had sent it to you. I was wondering why PEAK would send you lights with all white LEDs and decide to send you one with a red LED.

redcar

Enlightened
I have the Peak AA 5 LED hi power snow. Runs great and looks very white. Whitest small LED I have. All the LED's seem to have the same tint as well, unlike my X5t where they have different shades on the same light.

meeshu

Enlightened
Top Secret! So secret even I don't know where I am
I have Peak Shasta's in white and snow colors. The snow colored light appears to be fractionally brighter than the white colored light.

As far as color goes, there's little practical difference between them.

I would use either for looking inside a computer, as there's little difference overall between the white and snow LED's here.