U2 woes...

B@rt

Flashaholic
Last night I accidentally unscrewed my tailcap bezel instead of my tailcap...
Result? 2 happily jumping batts, 1 jumping tailcap assembly. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/eek.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/icon15.gif

I thought I found all and figured out how to put it back together. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

It clicks great, but constant on doesn't work. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/frown.gif
I figure out I miss something, and get up to find it.

I did... /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/icon6.gif I stepped right on a spring, destroying it in the process. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/mecry.gif

Should I mail Surefire the tailcap? (Mom still functions, the light is usable), should I ask a replacement spring?

I hate to be out of it...

cia

Newly Enlightened
I would email surefire and tell them just what you told us.
I think they would mail you out a spring without you having to send them anything.

I know surfire has been good about sending me little parts that I could replace myself.

xpitxbullx

Flashlight Enthusiast
If you want to sell the broken piece of junk to me, I can relieve you of your burdens. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif

Hope they take care of it fast for you.

KevinL

Flashlight Enthusiast
The tailcap has two parts?! Wow, that's something I didn't know. Mine is so tightly held on that I always thought (assumed) it was a one-piece tailcap just like the other SF clickie, the Z57.

Really hope SF customer service makes it up to you. It sucks to be without your favorite light /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/frown.gif

*Retired*
[ QUOTE ]
xpitxbullx said:
If you want to sell the broken piece of junk to me, I can relieve you of your burdens. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

Bart, I'll bid 5.00 on your busted Surefire U2.

KevinL

Flashlight Enthusiast
Hey I just thought of something. Bart, do you have any classic or C-series Surefires? I THINK the tailcap threads are the same.

Actually, I just tried my C2's screw-on tailcap on the U2 and it jammed halfway while screwing it on - I didn't dare to force it. Can anybody else confirm whether a C/P-series tailcap works?

B@rt

Flashaholic
Thanks guys. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif

I don't have any other SF lights /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/icon15.gif , so I can't say if the L4 is better. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/icon3.gif

Jar, thanks for the offer! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/crackup.gif

Frenchyled

Flashaholic*
Sorry for you BArt /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/frown.gif , next time don't smoke before unscrewing your tailcap /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/crackup.gif

Jar, I bet $5 more for the U2 without tailcap /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif

I haven't an U2, so I can't compare it with my L4 /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

KevinL

Flashlight Enthusiast
Hmm..... I think my C2 is a wierd one. The U2's tailcap fits the C2 perfectly, clickie and all works great. I was going to suggest to Bart that he pilfer a tailcap from a C-series SF, but like he said, he didn't have any.

B@rt

Flashaholic
Well, I just got a mail frome SureFire, and they will send me a new tailcap. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/thumbsup.gif

GeoffChan

Enlightened
[ QUOTE ]
NewBie said:
Bart,

I've got some old Sony cases that would protect your CD, which one is it, Joshua Tree?

[/ QUOTE ]

/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/jpshakehead.gif

Geoff

Latest posts