RadioShack bi-pin bulbs?

bjn70

Flashlight Enthusiast
Stopped at my local RadioShack today to pick up a few KPR118's and decided to browse their bulb drawers. I spotted some 12V, 20W bi-pin bulbs that seemed to be in our league. Well I guess they are maybe half of what an 1185 would be but they are in stores and only $1.99 each. I'm not sure how well a Mag85 would drive one, the voltage would seem to come up a little bit short, but if anybody with a Mag85 wants to try one, let us know how it works.

Their stock number is 272-1177.
Here is their description: "G-4 base, rated 350 lumens. Average life: 2000 hours. Excellent for automotive applications."

Sway

Flashlight Enthusiast
I have one of the RS 20W 12V Axial filament Bi-Pin lamps and I don't like the color temp a little too yellow but that could be the consumer AA's I was using but it will handle 11 of them off a hot charge. I also tried it with 3X18650 Li-Ion cells with the same results.

It's a nice little lamp for the price and it will take some push with it's 2000 hour life could be it needs 12 cells to wake it up /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/str.gif

Later
Kelly