Clicky E2 not Elite

D

**DONOTDELETE**

I am new to this forum and have enjoyed all the posts about the E2 vs the Elite. I am about to purchase an E2, but I am not thrilled with the on/off twist. I think the current E2 is what I want, but I really want a push button on/off. I understand the Elite will have it, and I am wondering if anyone knows if an optional tail switch will be sold for all those existing E2s out there. I have handled one and I like the size, the power and the feel of it, just not the switch. I also want a bezel down pocket clip, do you know if that will be offered as an add on to the E2? I asked on the Surefire discussion board but did not get an answer (although, it was hidden in another thread). Please help me, I don't want to have to wait for the Elite.

Brock

Flashaholic
My understanding is that Surefire will be offering the "reversible clip", clips in either direction and the clicky tail cap as separate purchases. They will probably be a while yet, I would guess 3 to 6 months after the Elite's are out.

D

**DONOTDELETE**

So I can get an E2 now and be able to get a a clicky tail cap and bezel down clip at a later date? That is great news. I am going shopping! What do you know about a black HA version? Thanks for your help.

Bucky

Enlightened
I don't think lock-out necessarily also implies clicky, BUT I do remember a post on the SureFire site where PK all but said that there would be a clicky for the Elite, at least eventually. Whether or not the Elite will be immediately available with the clicky is anyone's guess.

BTW, I am assuming that the Elite will be first available from the actual SureFire.com site itself before it will be available from dealers, is this accurate Stuart?

Bucky

D

**DONOTDELETE**

[email protected], what do you know about a holster either in leather or plastic? Since this is such a popular light, it would be nice to have a line for the E2.

nonbox

Banned
Current E2 doesn't have the lock out tail cap. It is the regular pressure sensitive button.

brightnorm

Flashaholic
Brighteyes,

I carry my E2 in an older 6P holster. It's a pretty good fit, because that holster was a bit more compact (and better made IMHO)than the current one which will also fit the Asp Taclite or Scorpion. The current one will fit the E2, but not perfectly. These are nylon holsters which all have velcro-closeable tops, which I prefer.

Regards,
Brightnorm

LEDagent

Flashlight Enthusiast
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by nonbox:
Current E2 doesn't have the lock out tail cap. It is the regular pressure sensitive button.<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

I don't exactly know what LOCK OUT means but i just purchased a current E2 and it has a twist feature for constant on operation or push button for momentary operation. Is that what LOCK OUT means?

Size15's

Flashaholic
SureFire's LockOut TailCap is a feature that allows you to backoff the TailCap from the body to such a position that depressing the rubber switch will not activate the light.

LockOut TailCap models have two markers (1 on the Body & 1 on the TailCap). When the TailCap is rotated so they line up, then the pressure switch will work. When the TailCap is backed off so that they are opposite, the the flashlight will to LockedOut.

LockOut TailCaps prevent accidental activation during storage, transport, carry and use. They are also sealed for waterproofness.

The LockOut Feature is likely to be on 2002 G2 & Ex models. I hope!

Al

nonbox

Banned
The clickie tail cap is what I really want. No need for a lock out tail cap when you have a clickie. No need for the Elite series.

Alan

Flashlight Enthusiast
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Size15s:

LockOut TailCap models have two markers (1 on the Body & 1 on the TailCap). When the TailCap is rotated so they line up, then the pressure switch will work.
Al
<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

With the exception of M4 which doesn't have marker on the body
confused.gif

Alan

brightnorm

Flashaholic
Nonbox,

I have found that a lock-out feature is useful, even with a clickie. There's always that chance of accidental activation, and with a 2x123A that could be not only wasteful, but actually dangerous if the unit is covered or in an enclosed space (holster or pocket), since the extremely high operating temperatures can pose a fire risk.

I know I sound super-cautious, but having survived a fire perhaps I'm a bit paranoid.
If it was an ordinary flashlight or an LED light I wouldn't have this strong reaction.

Best regards,
Brightnorm

nonbox

Banned
brightnorm, the majority of surefires that have been sold don't have the lock out tail cap. I have not heard of a fire yet but that doesn't mean that one occured. Many people don't even use their lock out feature when they have it. I suggest getting a surefire sheath to minimize accidentally turning it on.

Size15's

Flashaholic
Okay, but the lack of marker on the M4 has been fixed either for the latest versions this year or for the 2002 model.

I fielded my entire SureFire lineup last night, and using properly lubed TailCaps is a breeze. They turn when you turn 'em, and stay put when you don't. Easy, one handed operation.

Al

D

**DONOTDELETE**

Wow! Wow! Wow! I just got my E2! I just got my E2! I just got my E2!

Can I just say that I am so impressed with this ligth. The size, the fit and finish, the shear power of a light this size is amazing. It is very reasuring to know that when I need a light it is always there and is very bright.

It gives my Streamlight SL-15 a run for the money. I was able to light up a house three doors down.

Thank you all for your help in my decision making process. I am very pleased with my selection and these lights in general. Now I just need to get a second job to pay for batteries
smile.gif

Size15's

Flashaholic
You're most welcome.

Helping people find the right light for them based on our collective experiences is one of the things this forum is great at.

Al
grin.gif