rechargeable lithiums for Q3

ob1

Newly Enlightened
i was thinking about getting a q3 to replace my streamlight lux jr on my belt. I want to carry something a tad bit smaller. Is there a battery to replace just one cr123a. I know the pila 168 is the size of 2 cr123 and the pila 150 is the size of 3.

Wrangler

Enlightened
Take a r123A. Our forum sellers have them for sale!
/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif
Wolfgang

ob1

Newly Enlightened
where would one go about getting r123a batteries? also what do you prefer e1e w/ kl1 head or q3?

AnotherDaveH

Newly Enlightened
My current favorite is the FB1/KL1 combo. The Vital Gear FB1 body is smaller than the E1E and has the advantage of bezel-down carry. Having said that, the KL1 beam is like a light sabre with very little spill. Impressive, but the Q3 beam is probably more useful for most situations. Both work great with r123a's.

Dave.

jollytoker420

Newly Enlightened
I have already bought the Q3 to use with a R123. You can get them cheap @ http://www.batterystation.com/cpf.htm since you are a member... I am still waiting for my charger combo. Hopefully this works: http://www.candlepowerforums.com/ubbthreads/showflat.php?Cat=&Number=826251&page=&view=&sb=5&o=&fpart=1&vc=1

If this link doesn't work, do a search for Q3 rechargeable.
Older than 2 weeks, there is a lot of info. to go through. That's what convinced me to buy both! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

Good luck!

wquiles

Flashaholic
Yes, the QIII works great with the rechargables, and it is definitely brigther /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Besides the ones sold by battery station that I have, I also got some unprotected cells from another CPF member "AW" who is/was also selling the "Nano" charger (which I also got).

Will

Marc

Newly Enlightened
[ QUOTE ]
jollytoker420 said:
That's what convinced me to buy both! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

Same thing here, bought both because of that thread.

ob1

Newly Enlightened
can the battery station r123a batteries be topped off?

xpitxbullx

Flashlight Enthusiast
Yes. I'm told li-ion rechargeables don't have the same memory effect like NiCD or NiMH. Top them off all you like.