What store has a surfire l4

Steph

Newly Enlightened
Hi,

I'm looking for someplace to buy a surefir l4 for my daughter that's stationed in Iraq she sent me a letter asking for one. I didn't know what it even was till someone in walmart thought it was a flashlight and I'm not sure where to get one they don't have them at walmart or target or any sporting goods stores like sports chalet where the salesman at walmart told me too look I cant buy online cause I don't have a credit card when I searched on google this place was at the top so I'm not sure where to go? And are they really almost 200 dollars for a flashlight?

chrisse242

Enlightened
Hi Steph, you can order one right here in this thread. The seller accepts money orders and other methods of payment. If you have the time to read little in the forums you will find out that most of us think the L4 is well worth the money.

Chrisse

powernoodle

Flashlight Enthusiast
Steph - the link above is a good price from a reliable seller. I too have an L4 that I carry daily. You can also find an L4 by going to ebay and searching for the seller "surefireparts", who is a CPF member.

An L4 requires 2 CR123 batteries, which can be ordered here. You'll want to send her some extra batteries unless she can buy them there, since a pair of batteries only lasts a couple of hours max. You can also feed it one rechargeable Pila 168S battery, which is pricey but nice to have. Find one plus a charger here and here (who also has free shipping).

best regards

Pydpiper

Flashlight Enthusiast
I second the recomendation for oldgrandpajack, you won't find a lower price or faster service anywhere. He will also give you options if a credit card is not available, send him a message, he will help you.

Mark2

Enlightened
Surefire's list price is $160, but it should be possible to find one at $145-150. Surefire flashlights are geared towards tactical/military applications rather than towards sports, therefore they can be found at many gun shops. The L4 is a very popular model, so chances are good that you will find one. Another option is to order one online from a dealer who accepts other forms of payment such as Paypal, money orders etc.

Edit: You guys are fast! 3 posts while I was typing... /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/crazy.gif

bonvivantmike

Enlightened
Don't know where you are physically located, but if you're in the Los Angeles area, Recon One in Tarzana has a huge Surefire selection. Greta's Guns in Simi Valley also has a good selection.

I have an L4, and it's an incredible light. Well worth the money. I use it for Search and Rescue as well as everyday tasks.

As suggested above, I have the Pila 168S rechargable battery (three of them, in fact), so I never have to use expensive or difficult-to-find CR123 batteries. The batteries and charger add to the initial cost, but are well worth it in the long run.

Like many L4 users I also have a special tailcap switch assembly that allows the light to have both a high and low power setting. You can find information on this tailcap, known as a McE2S, here:

http://www.candlepowerforums.com/ubbthreads/showflat.php?Cat=&Number=839240&page=0&view=collapsed&sb=5&o=&fpart=1

This part is not a factory Surefire part, but is made by a member of these forums known as McGizmo. He is one of the finest artisans (and most honest merchants) I have ever encountered.

Sorry to throw so much at you, but you should probably know everything before you make a decision on something like this.

wquiles

Flashaholic
Assuming the L4 will get fair amount of use, like others I also feel that either a Pila 168S and charger or the Battery Station Rechargables CR123 and charger would be a great companion while on duty since getting new CR123's might be tough.

Will

Steph

Newly Enlightened
Thank You everyone,I really appreciate all the help. I did what greenled suggested and found a dealer that had one left. Alot more money then the one for sale by oldgrandpajack, but I've never ordered anything online and I'm not sure I feel comfortable with that. I had a hard enough time figuring how to write this here my 10 year old son had to teach me, I feel soo stupid when it comes to computers.

Pydpiper

Flashlight Enthusiast
[ QUOTE ]
Steph said:
Thank You everyone,I really appreciate all the help. I did what greenled suggested and found a dealer that had one left. Alot more money then the one for sale by oldgrandpajack, but I've never ordered anything online and I'm not sure I feel comfortable with that. I had a hard enough time figuring how to write this here my 10 year old son had to teach me, I feel soo stupid when it comes to computers.

[/ QUOTE ]
Glad to hear you found a light!
My dealings with Oldgrandpajack was my first online purchase as well, I quickly learned that my purchase was in very good hands.
Enjoy the L4!

Steph

Newly Enlightened
I just tried this flashlight out and the first thing I thought was "holy cow" (well I diidnt say cow) this thing is amazingly bright for such a small light. now I think I'll have to get one for myself when I save up enough cash. I dont have a flashlight anyways and this one is really nice.

greenLED

Flashaholic
Glad I could help, Steph, and welcome to CPF!! This is a great place to hang out. You picked one of the best lights out there to start your collection ('cuz you *will* want more... /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/crazy.gif) /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif