• You must be a Supporting Member to participate in the Candle Power Forums Marketplace.

You can become a Supporting Member.

Sold/Expired SOLD! Mag3X-1D: 3xLux3, SO17XA, UCL, REDUCED

KevinL

Flashlight Enthusiast
Letting one of my Mag3X go.

This is the sawn-off Mag3X-1D, which was a pewter D-cell Mag that got shortened to hold only one D cell. It's almost the size of the 12oz coke can and is a featherweight compared to the large Mag.

mag3xd-9.jpg

In a nutshell: three Luxeon 3s, 3 SO17XA reflectors, UCL glass lens up front, and Elektrolumens' high-current 3toD cell adapter. Two drive options are available. This is a variable power light, but not quite in the way you imagine.

Drive option 1 - bright (extended run): On the EL 3toD adapter, current draw peaks at 1.2A and runs for most of its service life around 800mA. As a result, you can probably get around 3 hours of runtime off AA batteries. I will include the EL 3toD adapter. It's reasonably bright, beamshots in the Mag3X-1D thread were taken on this 3toD. This config is ready to run out of the box, just add batteries.

Drive option 2 - CRAZY BRIGHT : modamag is offering a special 4AA to D adapter. You'll have to buy it direct from him since they are only expected to be ready by next week. I've rigged up my own holder to test the Mag3X-1D with 4 cells, we are looking at CRAZY bright here - 3.5A peak with 2.5A sustained draw on 4 cells.

This config is EXTREMELY bright and definitely one for those who enjoy their crazy lumens like me /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif the downside? You're probably looking at slightly less than an hour of runtime, and more heat, although the light has still been designed to take it. I'll take $5 off the price because the EL 3toD adapter is not included.

If you use modamag's adapter and his dummy cell (both purchased separately), you can toggle between bright and crazy bright modes just by using the dummy cell in his adapter.

$140 with EL3toD, or $135 without it. Prices include shipping anywhere in the world. I am not responsible for loss/damage/delays in transit. You are STRONGLY advised to upgrade to EMS trackable shipping for an extra $7.

NON-CC Paypal to kevin[at]htgk.org . If you need the CC Paypal address PM me, standard $0.30 + 3% applies.

If you are interested in the LONG version of the story (as if this one wasn't long enough /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/twakfl.gif) the full treatise about the Mag3X-1D can be found here.

modamag

Flashlight Enthusiast
Re: FS- Mag3X-1D: 3xLux3, SO17XA, UCL,2 power opt

Wow yo're actually letting this go ... /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/crazy.gif
With the 3AA-D it's brighter than any LuxV X-bin.
But with 4AA-D it's brighter than 2x LuxV V-Bin with 200+ lumens.

KevinL

Flashlight Enthusiast

/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

So far nobody has taken it...

Crazy bright really meant crazy bright. It's a fun little light. C'mon guys.. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

KevinL

Flashlight Enthusiast

First and last price drop. I took ten bucks off the price. If you order without the EL 3toD it can be as low as $135!

KevinL

Flashlight Enthusiast

Non-CC Paypal to kevin[at]htgk.org . Please PM me if you need the CC Paypal address. Thanks /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

KevinL

Flashlight Enthusiast

Still waiting on funds or a PM in case you can't pay immediately, let me know and we can work something out. I'll hold the light till the end of Sunday, if I don't hear anything by then I might have to open it up again. Do let me know /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

J_Oei

Enlightened

/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/paypal.gif

KevinL

Flashlight Enthusiast

ppreceived.gif

Thanks! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif Sold to J_Oei with drive option 1.

I'll be sending you the Elektrolumens 3toD adapter so the light is ready to fly out of the box (just add NiMH batteries), but if you love ridiculous lumens, I highly recommend that you give modamag's 4AA adapter a try when it becomes available. 4AA thread.