Well I LOST it...!!!

wwglen

Enlightened
My surefire L4 with 2-stage tail cap that is.

I went on a school fieldtrip with my son's class to the Natural Science Museum. I used the light to point out a few things in some dark places.

I am sure I put it back in the pouch on my belt but while eating lunch on the way home I noticed it missing /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/broke.gif . I called and reported it missing.

I hope someone turns it in but not really too hopefull.

Oh well /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/icon23.gif. I guess it is streamlight from here on out for me as I cant afford to lose another surefire.

wwglen

Malpaso

Enlightened
Have your son be on the lookout for one of his classmates showing off his new L4 at school.

trailblazer

Newly Enlightened
I have been putting a label in with my batterys with my phone # etc.. in case i loose mine and a hopefully honest person finds it. you might have to wait till the batterys need replacing but at least it's better than nothing...

scudinc

Enlightened
Nobody in their right mind would know how much you paid for that. I'm sure it wasn't stolen, but that also means that it won't be turned in to a lost and found if found.

wwglen

Enlightened
I can hope.

Right now I have my X5T in the freezer to loosen the head on it. I am going to put 6 of the 26K LEDs in it and will make it my new EDC.

wwglen

jayflash

Flashlight Enthusiast
Sorry to hear of your loss, wwglen. That's a nice light - one I'd like to have. Good luck, I hope it shows up.

Like trailblaser, I slide a bit of paper next to the cells asking and thanking the reader to call my phone #. I figure that some people may call after discovering how much CR123 cells cost...one can hope.

Twice, my Victorinox Tech knife was returned because my phone # was engraved into the side of the handle.

code09

Enlightened
o man...sorry to hear...that would have been a good find though /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/frown.gif

*Bryan*

Enlightened
Sorry to hear about your loss. Maybe somebody will find it and be honest. There is hope that some people still have morals....good luck, I hope you get your light back.

Cornkid

Flashlight Enthusiast
We all do.. Could you imagine if some unknowledgable light-hater got his paws on that! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/frown.gif

-tom

KevinL

Flashlight Enthusiast
Lanyards are a MUST. My U2 is protected by the Surefire Z60 lanyard which is looped around my belt.. I cannot imagine carrying the U2 without the lanyard. I usually do not release it when using it either, because the paracord is long enough.

Good call on the phone number in the battery compartment. It helps your chances no matter how small they are. I might just do it for mine.

[ QUOTE ]
cornkid said:
We all do.. Could you imagine if some unknowledgable light-hater got his paws on that! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/frown.gif

-tom

[/ QUOTE ]

Then we wish upon them the flashaholic's curse: may they find themselves in a restroom with their pants down, the lights out, and the toilet paper holder empty /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

*Bryan*

Enlightened
[ QUOTE ]
KevinL said:

Then we wish upon them the flashaholic's curse: may they find themselves in a restroom with their pants down, the lights out, and the toilet paper holder empty /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

Ohhhh, that is too funny. lol

KevinL

Flashlight Enthusiast
Feel free, no citation needed... I can't claim 100% credit, because luxlover added the toilet paper part. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/tongue.gif