• You must be a Supporting Member to participate in the Candle Power Forums Marketplace.

You can become a Supporting Member.

Sold/Expired ***SOLD*** FS - Aleph I Fireplug

Chop

Flashlight Enthusiast
Hey guys,

I have, ready to ship, one Aleph I flashlight. The head is on a 1X123 body with a standard McE2S two stage tail switch, with 15 ohms of resistance. The light engine is a TWOJ/NexGen667 combo. This is brand new and was just built.

This is the light standing next to a Benchmade 705.

picture.JPG

***EDIT***

I added glow rings like the ones in the pic. Note that this light does NOT have the pocket clip, although I could add it for an extra $15.

picture.JPG

The price is $195, shipped in the CONUS and includes a Surefire 123 cell. Global Priority is an extra $5 and does NOT include a battery.

If you want it, just post with an "I'll take it," and PM me for payment details.

Thanks,

S4MadMan

Enlightened
Re: FS - Aleph I Fireplug

Hi Tony, what's the run time on this bad boy? Also the output will be similar to the A2 you just made for me right?

I'm tempted... /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/evilgrin07.gif

S4MadMan

Enlightened

Hi Tony, what's the run time on this bad boy? Also the output will be similar to the A2 you just made for me right?

I'm tempted... /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/evilgrin07.gif

Chop

Flashlight Enthusiast

Dan,

When I put this light engine on the bench power supply at 2.7v, it was drawing about 1A from the power supply. Taking in account the voltage drop as the battery drains and the increase in current draw, I'd say that you'd be looking at something around 1 hour at full brightness.

In low mode you'd be looking at something over 10 hours of useable light with the 15 ohms of resistance. Less if you opt for 10 ohms of resistance for a bit of a brighter low.

This is a nice light. The total light output will be about the same as the Aleph II light that you got, but it will throw a lot farther because the reflector is bigger. The light that you got is a good close to medium range light. This light is a decent close range light and a good medium to long range light. There's nothing wrong with having one of each. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

If you get it now, I'll run to the drop box and mail it off!

Chop

Flashlight Enthusiast

Ah man, I thought you guys liked these little fireplugs.

Would you guys feel more compelled to open up that wallet if it was in bare aluminum and nice and shiny? Or maybe rings of glow powder impregnated epoxy around the body?

S4MadMan

Enlightened

Wait Tony, I'll get back to you tonight on this one, I need to go eat first. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Ginseng's favorite: sushi. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/tongue.gif

mut

Flashlight Enthusiast

Chop does it come with the BM 705 also? /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/nana.gif
Just kidding this is a very bright light and should get ample run time also.
I have one almost just like it. Where did I get that again. Oh ya now I remember.
Nice bright and white. Who ever gets this will be happy with it.

mut

Chop

Flashlight Enthusiast

Well, I added the glow rings.

Dan,

Sushi? And you didn't invite me? I'm a yellow tail and blue fin freak, but I don't really care for Uni, which some say is the true mark of a sushi lover.

Sorry about the glow rings. If you want to get the light, but don't want the glow rings, I have more bodies coming in.

[ QUOTE ]
Chop said:
Well, I added the glow rings.

Dan,

Sushi? And you didn't invite me? I'm a yellow tail and blue fin freak, but I don't really care for Uni, which some say is the true mark of a sushi lover.

Sorry about the glow rings. If you want to get the light, but don't want the glow rings, I have more bodies coming in.

[/ QUOTE ]

Chop and Dan, sushi? Count me in, baby. I'm a fanatic for the stuff!

Chop, that's one helluva nice little light. I might be interested in one in bare AL without the glow rings.

Chop

Flashlight Enthusiast

AWTYD,

Bud, whenever you get a hankerin' for something in bare aluminum, just say the word. I strip these parts all of the time. There's usually no extra cost, unless you want it polished or something. What I usually do is strip them and then either tumble them in rock polishing media, which results in a satin type finish, or I put a brushed finish on them using 0000 steel wool.

BTW, ain't sushi just the best thing since sliced bread. What so great about it is that you can pig out, sit around and have a couple of drinks, then eat all over again and order what you didn't on the first time around.

Tony, re: sushi - yep, you can totally pig out and yet, strangely, not feel too terribly full. The bad thing about sushi (if there IS a bad thing) is that it's just SO addictive. Seems like I've fallen prey to lots of addictive things over the years. Flashlights, sushi, Kansas basketball...... /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

I will be in touch with you about bare AL mods. I know from your past work that anything I would order would be first class. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/thumbsup.gif

Chop

Flashlight Enthusiast

Thanks for the kind words.

I can't belive this, but now I'm hungry. I might have to order take out. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

hideo

Enlightened

how did the topic switch from alephs to raw protein from the sea, anyway?

well, it's synchronicity, anyway since I just got back from eating sea urchin roe and smoked eel at my favorite local venue for the raw ...

Chop, I've had po' boys in LA but I've never seen sea urchin roe at the Acme Oyster Bar ... where you gettin' the raw?

hideo

S4MadMan

Enlightened

Chop: Ahhhh, you kill me Tony, PayPal on the way for this mod. You're LED mods are definitely first-rate, creme de la creme...and I've seen just about all of them. Are you able to add the glow rings to the top and bottom like you did my A2? If you can, please do so, thanks! Regarding sushi, any time you're in SoCal, it's on me. We'll get Mr. Ted Bear, Kenshiro and a few others together. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif And I don't think you need to like uni to be a true connoisseur, you just have to like it. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

AreWeThereYetDad: come on down, there's plenty of sushi for everyone here in SoCal. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Attention All CFPers: this is my second Chop modded Aleph in 1 week and I'm very picky about my LEDs. I hope this a testament to Chop's mods. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

S4MadMan

Enlightened

Ooops, double post, CPF is running slow right now. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/tongue.gif

Chop

Flashlight Enthusiast

hideo,

We have quite a few pretty good sushi restaurants here in New Orleans. Shogun, Sake Cafe, Cafe Zen, Hanna's, and on and on.

As for the eel, you gotta love it. My wife saves the eel for last. She says it's dessert (or is that one "S").

S4MadMan

Enlightened

Oh yeah: /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/paypal.gif

To help with the Chop Sushi Fund. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Chop

Flashlight Enthusiast

Dan,

Your light, as it will ship tomorrow.

picture.JPG

BTW, I put a ring on the top of the switch too. You just can't see it in the pic.

Thanks,