E2 LAMP ASSEMBLY, How to carry spare?

brightnorm

Flashaholic
Is there a convenient, safe way to carry a spare MN03 in something smaller than the quite large "film-container" it comes in?

Brightnorm

D

**DONOTDELETE**

Just a note on the spares carrier (which is much larger and heavier than the film canister).

To hold the lamp in place, you need to have a minimum of four batteries in the spare carrier.

This was surprising, and disappointing. I'd expect you'd be able to carry the bulb by itself...and imagine to save weight I'd most often use it to hold two batteries and one bulb.

mikep

Enlightened
I have been looking for a good way to carry 2 lithium batteries and 2 bulb assemblies for my E2 (one spare incandescent, one LED conversion). I was using the tube that mini m&m's come in, but I didn't like the batteries banging into the lamps. I now use 2 waterproof match carriers, one brass for the lamps (~$3), one plastic for the 2 batteries ($.99). They both claim to be waterproof and have rubber seals. Neither has a good lanyard attachment, so they just get tossed in my bag.

D

**DONOTDELETE**

I like the idea of just putting them in another E2! They remain safe and you get the bonus of a spare light. I am having trouble justifying the cost of a second E2, though, but it does make a great lamp and battery holder!
smile.gif