PayPal payment options. Need info

code09

Enlightened
With credit card, there are more paypal fees that the seller incures. Credit card payment is 4 percent fee, where as cash paypal is 2.4, or 3 percent, i beleive.
HOpe this helps, someone correct me if im wrong

ACMarina

Flashlight Enthusiast
Using paypal, you can either pay with a credit card, out of a bank acccount directly, or out of your paypal account in the event that you have been sent money.

A lot of people prefer non-cc paypal because credit cards also have a fee included. .

ksbman

Flashaholic*
Actually, when people say they accept non-credit card payment only, it means that they have a PayPal Personal account.

You cannot accept CC payments to a PP Personal account. You need a PP Premier or Business account for that.

Here are the differences.

Finbar

Newly Enlightened
Someone mentioned in another thread, that when based in the US, when a cc PP payment is made, it takes 30 days before a complaint may be filed. When a PP payment is made from overseas, one may say that they did not receive the goods. They then have PP refund their money from your account. Since you have sent the merchandise, the money has been withdrawn from your account, and it takes 30 days before a complaint may be filed - you are out of the merchandise and the money.

I think the Peak thread is where this was discussed.

I think money order is the safest way to go. One has the strength of the Federal government behind you. If there is a problem, from a MO sender's POV, they will refund your money.

I have only used PP for sending money, not receiving it. I would pay extra for PP insurance when using any mechandise transaction. Also use delivery confirmation and insurance from the Post Office.

A lot of orchid people will not ship because of claims of dead plants.

I guess it depends on the honesty of those that are involved.

All Me Best,
Fin

NeonLights

Flashlight Enthusiast
The biggest difference to me personally is that on my Paypal Premier account, I can take credit cards, but all monies I receive have fees attached (3% for domestic payments or 4% for international, as well as a .30 fee per transaction). Even if I receive non-credit card payments on this account, I am still charged the fees. Some people just don't seem to be able to grasp this concept.

The only Paypal accounts that are not charged fees for receiving money are personal accounts (but personal accounts can't receive credit card payments), and there are certain restrictions about withdrawing money from a personal account. I have recently opened up a Paypal Personal account in addition to my Premier account so I can recceive non-credit card transfers without any fees.

-Keith

dimwatt

Newly Enlightened
Thanks for the explanation. In my former business we accepted credit and debit cards but never dealt with PayPal although I now use it to pay for many things. I wasn't aware they were making things so complicated.

dimwatt