Glo Toob

TheMadHungarian

Newly Enlightened
Alright I bought a Glo Toob FX, seriously what the hell am I gonna use it for?

Backpack light, locator beacon, I know I'll hook it to my kite and go nite kite flying. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/cool.gif

Other than that what do you use it for?

rgc

Newly Enlightened
Attach it to the kids while at the camp site . . . it is always nice to keep track of them as the run around.

rgc

TheMadHungarian

Newly Enlightened
[ QUOTE ]
Attach it to the kids while at the camp site . . . it is always nice to keep track of them as the run around.

[/ QUOTE ]

Glow sticks for the kids and camp, and the Glo Toob for my Surefire so I can find it in the dark after I throw it when batteries die at the most in opportune time.

PANZERWOLF

Newly Enlightened
could be cool for night-kiting, i always use snaplights at the moment
i would get the glo toob for that task if it would be run with a more commen battery

Lunal_Tic

Flashlight Enthusiast
I use it to help when I'm meeting people at a train station or the like. It makes me stand out without having to dress in screem'n acid green head wear.

Also put it on the back of my pack so I don't get tagged when I'm walking dark roads in the boonies.

If you want to start a conversation drop a blue one in a tall glass of ice water and walk around a night time event.

I like the kite idea too but haven't tried it.

-LT

Mike Painter

Flashlight Enthusiast
[ QUOTE ]
scudinc said:
You can find them at Target for $1.50 each.

[/ QUOTE ]
I think we are talking about these Glo Toob and if Target has them for $1.50 I'm leaving right now for the store.

The_LED_Museum

*Retired*
[ QUOTE ]
Mike Painter said:
[ QUOTE ]
scudinc said:
You can find them at Target for $1.50 each.

[/ QUOTE ]
I think we are talking about these Glo Toob and if Target has them for $1.50 I'm leaving right now for the store.

[/ QUOTE ]
I think he was referring to the 12 volt cigerette lighter battery they use. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

TheMadHungarian

Newly Enlightened
The question was really rhetorical, I live in a rural area with no street lights so when my daughter goes over the neighbors she wears it to increase her night visibility.

I like the throb setting, I left it on throb in the microwave and forgot about it a half an hour later my wife said somethings wrong with the microwave it's glowing real weird I forgot it was inside. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif

Robban

Enlightened
glo_toob.jpg

I got myself one of these puppies a while ago aswell. I keep it in my pocket, for no real reason ... at all really :p I just figured it could be a good thing to have, not like it's big or heavy or anything.

cobb

Flashlight Enthusiast
I agree, its worthless. I found the lighttastic light sticks to meet what I need. And those were a buck each for either color at walmart.

ACMarina

Flashlight Enthusiast
For what it was designed for, a dive marker, it's a great product. That's the main reason I got mine. That, and it's so sturdy it's cool /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif