• You must be a Supporting Member to participate in the Candle Power Forums Marketplace.

You can become a Supporting Member.

Sold/Expired MJLED Chapter II - SOLD OUT

lambda

Flashlight Enthusiast
This the new MJLED thread. The old one was getting pretty big and to help keep CPF running smoothly, large threads past 200 posts will be locked down.

I've counted the MJLEDs needed to fill the backorders for kits, and determined I need to post these as SOLD OUT, or I won't have any left to play with. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

I'm still waiting for reflectors to show up, but have not received anything more than the 100pcs I got last month. I ordered from two different vendors hoping one of them would come through sooner than the other, but again, still nothing. Sorry for the dealy, but it seems nobody keeps these on the shelf in large numbers and they always have to backorder.

Below is a re-post from page 11 of the old thread with the update info for the second batch of MJLEDs:

Ok, I finally got the MJLEDs and after testing some I have to tell you there is a difference. These definitely have a warmer tint. Where the last batch was pretty blue tinted, these are whiter than the original, but have a light yellow/green tint. I would equate these to a Luxeon X1 or X0 tint. However there is some good news too. These are a whole lot brighter yet! The pics below are both with fresh cells, so don't expect the brightness levels quoted in the pics for but a few minutes.

mjled100.jpg

mjled101.jpg

I've swapped the lithium cells into the light with the new MJLED and put it on the light meter. After 10 hours it's still producing 280 Lux!

So, since these are different than I originally described, I'll offer a money back guarantee IF THE LEADS ARE NOT CUT. Ok, if you think you may not like the tint of these please just plug it in your flashlight without cutting the leads and check the color tint and decide if you want a refund or not. Sorry, but I can't accept back MJLEDs with cut off leads.

Sorry for the difference, but it was totally unexpected and a surprise to me too. But thiese are almost twice as bright as the original ones.

MJLED - $5.00 plus $1.00 shipping (US & Canada) International Shipping $5.00
* MJLED only; you must drill the reflector opening out to 0.25 inch for use with the MJLED

MJLED KIT - $10.00 FREE SHIPPING on Kits! (US & Canada) International Shipping $5.00
* Everything you need to perform the modification in a snap. Includes an MJLED, pre-drilled reflector and mineral glass front window. Just swap the parts out with the stock ones and you're done in a few minutes. For use with MiniMag 2AA flashlights.

Send PayPal to [email protected]

Email [email protected] for other payment methods

Lambda

bjn70

Flashlight Enthusiast
Is the group of 500 that sold out? Do you expect another batch anytime soon?

junior

Enlightened
I just tested mine lambda and i love them. Unfortunately, i cut one down too short. Now, if any one sends back any of the second batch led (yellow/green) let me know and i will buy somemore. Also, let me know when you have the kits avail.

I tested against my Dorcy2AA and like the MJLED much more.

notrefined

Enlightened
Unfortunately I just got mine today, if they had come earlier I would definitely have known I wanted more. If you get another batch similar to the second, I'm in.

Bullzeyebill

Flashaholic
I have two of the second batch, and the one I set up in my minmag is really bright. 400lux at one meter with my LM631. Have not tried Lithium AA's. I understand that batterystation.com, has Lithium AA's that show 1.8 volts. That would be bright. Not sure about heat though. The MJLED is one efficient little bugger.

Bill

JohnT737

Newly Enlightened
Thanks for the update on Thur. Hope you'll be able to keep us updated every 4 or 5 days as of the status, whether it's changed or not.
John

lambda

Flashlight Enthusiast
Still staring at the mailbox, but no reflectors yet. Hopefully they will get here Monday and I can start getting kits shipped off. I've got mail lables preprinted and kits half built just waiting.....

Face

Enlightened
Hope my labels print and my kits are half-bulit /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

lambda

Flashlight Enthusiast
Here's someting interesting I found last month when searching the web for other sources of Mag AA reflectors:

aaripoff.jpg

I guess I've severely underpriced the kits .. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

kitelights

Flashlight Enthusiast
Your stuff is always underpriced for what is does compared to others. I for one, sure do appreciate that.

In the case of those reflectors, you can buy a brand new light for just the reflector and throw the light, holster and batteries away, and still save $7.

Donovan

Enlightened
Finally received my first order, and I am very pleased! These things are bright for just a simple LED! Brighter and a MUCH better beam than the TerraLux Ministar2's I have in my other minimags! Can't wait until my second order arrives!

junior

Enlightened
Whats interesting is that this MJLED is much better in my opinion than my Dorcy2AA with 4 leds!. I could never ever see up grading a mini mag with a drop in that cost 20 to 30 bucks when the upgrade is just good and i could buy another light. And i could not see upgrading my minimags for 50 plus bucks when i could just buy a Surefire. But, with MJLEDs the upgrade just makes sense.

maninblack

Newly Enlightened
I liked my first run mjled, but the warmer tint of the second run ones is better IMO. It has become my edc and the battery life on lithiums is awesome.

Frobe22

Newly Enlightened
Lambda, is there a chance for a third batch of leds? I don't dare tell my friends about them unless you can supply more.