Runtime Plots coming to FlashlightReviews.com!

Quickbeam

Flashlight Enthusiast
I'm so excited about this, I had to announce it somewhere...

Thanks to my advertisers who purchased banner space on the site I was able to purchase an Extech 401036 Datalogging Light Meter. This little critter can store 16000 readings and record output completely unattended. This means I can set a light up in a rig and get the readings later. Then dump the readings to a PC and graph it out.

Yea Baby!!!! Runtime plots for every new review and for older ones as I get to them (and $$ permits for batteries /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif ).

extech.jpg

For those of you who don't know, my little (well, big now) website started because of CPF. It's not a commercial web site, just my own little hobby site and it's just me working on it. It's my pleasure to provide the information to everyone here on CPF (who I consider my primary readers) as well as everyone else. I hope you enjoy it as much as I do.

Doug P.

Solstice

Flashlight Enthusiast
That's really, really good news, Doug! Your reviews are always my go to source when researching a new purchase and this will make them all the more invaluable. Keep up the good work!
Jon

AnotherDaveH

Newly Enlightened
Like there isn't enough for light nerds to read on your site! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif This will be a great addition. Thank you!
Dave.

Quickbeam

Flashlight Enthusiast
Thanks all - It'll be just a little more work on my end, and I think the extra info from the plots will be extremely useful to everyone.

jtice

Flashaholic
Congrates QB !

I just got a USB datalogger not too long ago, took me a while to setup, but its well worth it.
REAL runtimes are EXCELLENT data, I find that the published runtime is not very accurate.

LOVE your site, thanks for all the hard work !

greenLED

Flashaholic
[ QUOTE ]
Quickbeam said:
It's my pleasure to provide the information to everyone here on CPF (who I consider my primary readers) as well as everyone else. I hope you enjoy it as much as I do.

[/ QUOTE ]

Doug, I spent a lot of time on your site (and Craig's) before taking the plunge into CPF. (It's all your fault! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif) I hope you are able to continue working on your excellent reviews. The logger is certainly a great addition!! Looking forward to the plots! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/thumbsup.gif