help me decide please

Rogue_monkey

Enlightened
I already have a PM6. I was thinking about getting a G2 and 6P because of the add ons for these lights, how close is the G2 and 6P compared to the PM6 in perforamce.
I want the G2 for work and the P6 for edc Id get the KL3 led and the Z49 tail switch for the 6P and G2. what do you think, suggestions are appreciated.

mokona2

Enlightened
G2 is Nitrolon, comes in a variety of colors, has a lexan lens, and is fairly light-weight.

The 6P comes in 2 colors, has a pyrex lens, and is a bit more rugged (aluminum body).

Basically you can't go wrong with either one, although the pyrex in the 6P lens can tolerate the heat from a P61 a bit longer than the G2's lexan.

Hoghead

Flashaholic*
The 6P is a little large for EDC. I recommend a L4, E2e, A2 or if the length isn't to long for you a L2.

The L4 comes with the Z57 clicky switch and is great with a Pila 168S rechargeable battery. If you are going to use your light every day for less than an hour a day this might be the way to go.

The E2e can use a KL1 if you want a Luxeon LED to increase runtime.

The A2 has a regulated incandescent and 3 5mm LEDs which gives you throw and flood. The A2 has about 50 minutes runtime on high and about 20 hours on low.

The L2 has about 8 hours of regulated runtime on low and about 45 minutes on high.

The G2 and 6P are both good lights, but the lights I recommended are better for EDC because of size and features. For example the bezel of the E2e is about the same diameter as the body of the G2 & 6P. Meaning the largest diameter part of a E2e is about the same diameter as the smallest part of the G2/6P. The bodies of the E2e, L4, L2, L1, A2 are about the same diameter.

If money is the deciding factor and you are going to carry your light in a holster, you could get by with a G2/6P. The KL3 is pretty big.

If you can afford it, I recommend either a L4, L2 or A2 depending on your expected needs.

cheapo

Flashlight Enthusiast
GET the M6, Its brighter, but I STRONGLY reccomend a Luxeon LED light. For example Pelican M1 or M3. Or the longbow micra or mini.

-David

cheapo

Flashlight Enthusiast
GET the M6, Its brighter, but I STRONGLY reccomend a Luxeon LED light. For example Pelican M1 or M3. Or the longbow micra or mini.

scudinc

Enlightened
Neither is as bright as the M6 nor do they have as much throw. I wouldn't get either, unless you're really into redundancy. For EDC, get a nice small Luxeon light.

cratz2

Flashlight Enthusiast
Yeah, the P60 lamp definately donesn't have quite the throw as the Incand M6, but with the G2/6P, you can always drop a P61 in for a lot more output and less runtime.

I like the G2. I think it's an excellent value and it is modular for use with many SureFire accessories. I've never used the KL3 head though. There's also the new LuxIII drop-in from BugOutGearUSA. Pretty cheap and getting great reviews. It can also be used in the Brinkmann Maxfire available at Walmart for $20 which comes with a clickie switch. If you are looking for a solid LuxIII light in a plastic housing with a clickie, I think the Maxfire with the BugOutGearUSA lamp is your cheapest route.

I have to agree with scudinc though... Other than the ability to add on LED heads, the G2 or 6P are both pretty redundant with your M6. I say again, both are pretty redundant with your M6.

/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/crackup.gif

If yo don't really need supercharged power, the L1 is a very nice little light. Two power levels, VERY long runtime on low and a nice size.

Hoghead

Flashaholic*
[ QUOTE ]
Rogue_monkey said:
since surefires web page doesn't give specs on the KL3 and Z49 can some one please tell me how long these things are.
thanks.

[/ QUOTE ]

The KL2 is 2 1/4 inches long & 1 7/16 inches in diameter.

The Z49 is 1 13/16 inches long & 1 1/8 inches in diameter.

This may not be exact, but it's as close as I could measure with a tape measure.

cheapo

Flashlight Enthusiast
G2 with drop in from bugoutgearusa seems good.

-David

Cornkid

Flashlight Enthusiast
I wouldnt get the Pelican M6. It is really heavy and casts a small dot of light far. The p60/61 chucks a nice large circle not quite as far,

-tom

Double_A

Flashlight Enthusiast
Could I ask a favor. The Surefire M6 has been around for years before the Pelican M6 came around.

Could you please refer to the Pelican M6 as a PM6 as Rougue Monkey has?

If you look back a year or so that sorta became the naming convention here it really helps to keep things sorted out.

Please...

cheapo

Flashlight Enthusiast
well, my brother "Cornkid" (tom) is full of it. He's just jealouse that I have a PM6. It is a bit heavy, but the throw is crazy. It is alot brighter than G2. But seriousely, DONT get a Xenon light. I recommend luxeon LEDs. Get a longbow micra for $60 or nuwai Q3 for $35.

-David