Elektro lumens question

Minimoog

Enlightened
Hi,

I have been spending a fair time reading up on all the different flashlights available (such are the symptoms of flashaholicism) /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/blush.gif and I was interested by the Elektro lumens models. Now I know that there is a forum on CPF dedicated to this product, but I did not recognise the names of any of the posters, therefore it was not easy to get a balanced perspective. Are these Elektro lumens models very different to all other LED lights? The output seems massive - by the look of it, it blows away all Surefire models apart from the M6 and Beast!! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/ooo.gif I would be interested to hear how they shape up against other more well known lights such as the U2 or the McGizmo range. There does seem to be some quality control problems with the LED tints - but how true is this I wonder… /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/confused.gif

If what I have read from the website and Flashlight reviews is true, then Elektro lumens should be a massive seller - especially at the price, yet I have hardly heard about them.

I look forward to any info that you have.

Cheers,

Ian, UK

xpitxbullx

Flashlight Enthusiast
He will be a massive seller once Edison Electric starts making his products in the near future.

LedRukee

Newly Enlightened
Well, he is pretty much a 1 man team. Xpitxbullx, I had no idea someone was going to market his products. I wonder if they will go up or down in price. I wanted to get a tri-star-phazer, but now he's got lights more powerful than that.

cratz2

Flashlight Enthusiast
To address the lights, they seem to be very nice. The FT-3C and Blasters in particular, I think are a great value if you don't need something pocketable. Most of the problems get addressed from what I've read and there are some design ideology issues some members have but that's just life. Wayne seems to listen to users and CPF members and that can't be said of all companies.

Overall, I can't think of a company that has a better value for an entire line of LED lights. I would like to see at least a couple more upscale models from Elektrolumens though.

Lunal_Tic

Flashlight Enthusiast
I have a couple of Angleluxes and a TSP. I've also given Angleluxes as gifts and they were very much enjoyed. They are good lights backed by great customer service.

-LT

spacetroll

Newly Enlightened
Quite frankly I don't understand why Police departments don't switch over to the TriStar Phazer. The wall of light it puts out is awesome for the range, anymore range needed and you'd have a sniper team involved!

Mike Painter

Flashlight Enthusiast
[ QUOTE ]
spacetroll said:
Quite frankly I don't understand why Police departments don't switch over to the TriStar Phazer. The wall of light it puts out is awesome for the range, anymore range needed and you'd have a sniper team involved!

[/ QUOTE ]

One reason is that they don't know about the light. The other would be the difficulty of obtaining such a light for evaluation. The third would be the delivery time on even small quantities, say 40 for a smaller department.
I'm VERY interested in the light but without being able to see how it compares with other lights I will remain hesitant to buy.
When you talk about a "wall of light" without some sort of reference we all have a different idea about what it means.
My specific questions aabout his lights do not get answered.