Mags_despiser.....

code09

Enlightened
When i first saw him in the post he made about "post your picture here", i was like holy cow...that guy looks like hes 12!!!
And then, i saw his post about the guinnea pigs, and he stated he was 12! I was shocked, and then i checked his profile, and he loved flashlights (surprise surprise) and wished he had a credit card /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif
Just thought that was cool, cause he already knows what he likes at such a young age. When i was 12, i dont remember liking anything that much except for food /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/tongue.gif

I didnt get into this flashlight thing until i was 18, (just a year ago)
When did you guys start?

DaGeek

Enlightened
I have always loved flashlights. But I didn't get serious untill last year to.

cobb

Flashlight Enthusiast
Yeah, I was shocked to learn his age too and man, he looks young for it too. I always looked older for his age and cause of that was able to work in a shop at age 14 than 15 3/4. When I was 12 I was busy reading forrest minns tech books from radio shack and other electronic and mechanical books from my local library and helping my folks deliver news papers.

Mags

Flashlight Enthusiast
Phew I thought this was thread was a request for me to change my name... I always like lights /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif Ever since I first got my hands on a AAA mini maglite, I loved lights. I can remember that time... What I am worried about though, is that all children like flashlights. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/frown.gif But then if a kid my age liked flashlights, and was so interested to actually google flashlights and find this forum, and participate in it, and enjoy every moment here, then I must have a serious liking for them instead of the kind every kid has! whenever I think of that, I am reassured that I have a true liking for lights.

MaxaBaker

Flashlight Enthusiast
Ya, I was about 12 when I started getting interested in flashlights (well, technically I've always liked them. I just didn't know flashlights was a hobby). I didn't really get serious and start spending a lot of money on them until last year though.

geepondy

Flashlight Enthusiast
Mags, I think you are another Saaby, intelligent and articulate beyond your birth age. Saaby doesn't seem to post much these days like he used to.

You (we) are lucky to be participents in this time of rapidly changing portable illumination tools. When I was your age, the rapidly evolving technologies that I remember were calculators and digital watches. I saved up my paper route money and paid $60 for an 8 digit LED calculator that only did the basic plus, add, subtract, divide plus a memory for one stored number. This was in the mid 1970s when probably $60 is like $200 today.

Cornkid

Flashlight Enthusiast
I got into flashlights at the age of 14 in Germany with the G2 Nitrolon.

I remember the day.. I walked into the store and was pulled by some force... Flashaholic force... towards the G2 by the camping gear. I grabbed the G2 unconciously and drifted towards the counter. As I left back to my house I finally became concious and there-after became a flashlight enthusiast.

-tom /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

kitelights

Flashlight Enthusiast
I might have had the same calculator. It was the smallest made at the time and was about the size of a pack of cigarettes. Just a little wider, but a little shorter and the height was slightly wedge shaped. IIRC it was a Commodore and had a red LED display. I thought that I paid more like $40-45. I used it while operating a retail store and customers were amazed at how small it was. It was sometime between ''73 and '75.

Yeah, I'm pretty impressed with the kid. Not only smart, but respectful and appreciative, too.

I didn't even realize how long that I've like lights until I found this site and found out that there were others like me too, then became officially addicted (particularly to LEDs), and thought backwards to realize that I've been fascinated with flashlights since I was very young. Even before the forum, I had a couple of dozen cheap incans around.

I started my grandaughter on flashlights since she was two.

code09

Enlightened
[ QUOTE ]
Mags_despiser said:
Phew I thought this was thread was a request for me to change my name... I always like lights /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif Ever since I first got my hands on a AAA mini maglite, I loved lights. I can remember that time... What I am worried about though, is that all children like flashlights. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/frown.gif But then if a kid my age liked flashlights, and was so interested to actually google flashlights and find this forum, and participate in it, and enjoy every moment here, then I must have a serious liking for them instead of the kind every kid has! whenever I think of that, I am reassured that I have a true liking for lights.

[/ QUOTE ]

I think what you said is very true. I see alot of kids playing with flashlights, and many have them on their keychains and what not. But at university, when you tell other guys you're a flashaholic, and you find various flashlights interesting, they glare at you weird. Its ok, i just beam them with the KL1 gen 4. Then all of a sudden, they're covering their eyes, begging me to stop :p

code09

Enlightened
[ QUOTE ]
MaxaBaker said:
Ya, I was about 12 when I started getting interested in flashlights (well, technically I've always liked them. I just didn't know flashlights was a hobby). I didn't really get serious and start spending a lot of money on them until last year though.

[/ QUOTE ]
Yeah, me 2. Looking back at the last year....lots of money has been spent :p....all because of CPF!!!

Turt

Enlightened
I liked flashlights since I was 5. I remember buying one of those plactic toy flashlight (light blue in color with a white bezel) that worked with one AA battery. I used to sleep with them under my pillow.

UncleFester

Flashaholic*,
Turt. You'll like this. I'm 47 and I sleep with my Keylux AA Natural under my pillow!!!!! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/ohgeez.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/nana.gif

code09

Enlightened
hahaha nice nice, i sleep with my KL1 beside my bed. I had a nightmare 2 nights ago, i dreamed that it was lost in the bedsheets....:p

3rd_shift

Flashlight Enthusiast
I was 6 when I got my 1st one.
A 2d shiny chrome silver and red Eveready Commander
I still have it after 30 years with 2 nicad rechargeable d cells and a stock type pr2 bulb in it now.

Latest posts