Luxeon bin X**W

flex76italy

Enlightened
Hello to all /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink2.gif,/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grouphug.gif i am flex fron italy are found in America luxeon binned X**W? /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/confused.gif
/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/thanks.gif

IsaacHayes

Flashlight Enthusiast
Yes, several lucky people have X binned LuxeonV Whites. Many on here have X3T, X4T, etc. Do a search for Mr-X, it is a X bin luxeon modded into a 2D maglight, running at 1.5amps!!!

idleprocess

Flashaholic
X-bin is top of the range from Lumileds. Your description makes it sound as if you found it by accident. Many search for X-bins for quite some time before finding one.

Check out the "luxeon binning" link in my signature for more info on decoding the full bin code. I imagine your luxeon has a code like X3TW - the 3 is an older tint structure for white. this chart shows the old tint structure over the new one. Be aware that the colors in that chart are quite exaggerated.

cy

Flashaholic
Xbins are pretty hard to come by.

with lumineds stopping R&D on 5watts. these freaks of manufactoring may be no more.

but don't rely 100% on bin codes, which only gets you in a certain range. There are documented instances of Vbins putting out Xbin output.

An original SNII by Mr. Bulk was tested by integrating sphere to put out 216 lumens. done by a customer with integrating sphere. lights from that batch of luxeons are not the same as SNII copies.

I've had the good fortune of having several Xbins in one location. careful side by side testing against benchmark lights will verify if subject light is putting out Xbin output.

My Surefire U2, original SNII and PM6 5watt SE all puts out Xbin lumens.

evan9162

Flashlight Enthusiast
[ QUOTE ]

An original SNII by Mr. Bulk was tested by integrating sphere to put out 216 lumens. done by a customer with integrating sphere. lights from that batch of luxeons are not the same as SNII copies.

[/ QUOTE ]

That's only because the Luxeon was severly overdriven at over 1.5A. Bin ratings apply only for 700mA for a Luxeon V.

I seriously doubt an X-bin would ever be misbinned as a V-bin.

flex76italy

Enlightened
Ok, but these x-bin are produced from lumileds, like never are difficult to find?

evan9162

Flashlight Enthusiast
Yep. They are the brightest of the Luxeon V's, and are quite rare as a result (likely less than 1% are X-bin for brightness)

cy

Flashaholic
evan, assuming one doesn't have access to in integrating sphere. to give a valid lumen output comparison. one needs a comp preferably with same size reflector and driven at same milliamps.

Mr. Bulk SNII with fresh cells nearly matches MR-X X3T, driven at 1.5amps. major difference is MR-X will maintain max brightness level for 40+ minutes VS SNII for a few minutes only.

There is no question this Mr. Bulk's SNII puts out Xbin level lumens. Maybe Mr. Bulk will weight in on this. I believe those 5watt luxeons came from a Vbin batch.

bin codes only are an aproximation.