Inova T-3 Rattle

nolight

Newly Enlightened
my T3 have no rattling whatsoever

and according to FLR.com it's the X3 that's having the rattling problem ?

jdempsey

Newly Enlightened
I notice a rattle yesterday in the T3...but determined that it was the batteries....didn't seem to be a problem. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/blush.gif

PANZERWOLF

Newly Enlightened
i just insert a thin roll of paper (no glue or tape, it expands inside the tube) to silence batteries, if this is a problem

chevrofreak

Flashlight Enthusiast
[ QUOTE ]
PANZERWOLF said:
i just insert a thin roll of paper (no glue or tape, it expands inside the tube) to silence batteries, if this is a problem

[/ QUOTE ]

The way the Inova lights are designed, there is a spring loaded negative contact in the head, and no spring in the tail, which is opposite of most lights. Tapping the light on the bezel compresses that spring loaded contact plunger and makes a smacking sound. The tube is so tight I dont think the batteries could rattle against it anyway.

chevrofreak

Flashlight Enthusiast
Yes the inovas will accept Pila 168S batteries, but you have to remove the outer wrapper from the battery.

I dont think it would be safe to feed it a pair of RCR123's since that would be about 8.4 volts. A Pila 168S runs in regulation for a very very long time in a T3/XO3.