EverLED in HARD CASE Energizer Lantern

Yukon_Jack

Enlightened
Folks,

I've been looking for a super duty 4D cell lantern for my EverLED bulb - for the vehicle. Obviously not the brightest 4D cell flashlight around, but plenty bright for vehicle emergency work and super great run time for an all nighter.

Although quite heavy, I am impressed with the Energizer HARD CASE lantern. 15 foot drop test, waterproof, and super heavy duty case with much better than average reflector/lens. Plus they are on sale at Costco for $13.95 in Alaska. Seems they usually run about $19 elsewhere.

Anyway, got the light home and loaded the EverLED. No go. Obviously reverse polarity. Disappointed, didn't seem worth trying to rewire the light so I was going to take it back. I later looked at the battery pack and found that I could easily with no tools reverse the battery springs and then with a sharp knife, very easily cut off two little plastic ridges that were stopping the negative end of the battery from making contact. In other-words, I simply reversed the batteries.

I'm happy to say that the EverLED works great in this light with the batteries reversed and provides one of the best beam patterns I've gotten out of any lantern with the EverLED. The reflector has about the first 1/3 stippled. Makes for a nice fairly broad beam with a definite center hot spot. I believe I found a final home for the EverLED.

pedalinbob

Flashlight Enthusiast
those huge reflectors are amazing.

I do not have an Everled (yet), but I tried the side emitter (PR base) from my PT impact XL in a $3.50 ozark trail lantern.

impressive!

Bob

Ray_of_Light

Flashlight Enthusiast
Is the reflector in HARD CASE lantern metal or plastic material?
I haven't find yet a commercial (non-flasho grade) lantern with a metallic reflector. The EverLed works best when it has *some* heatsinking, and a metallic reflector is of good thermal relief.

Anthony