• You must be a Supporting Member to participate in the Candle Power Forums Marketplace.

You can become a Supporting Member.

Sold/Expired FS - 4D M@g Mod

Chop

Flashlight Enthusiast
Hey guys,

I put together a Pewter 4D M@g mod. It consists of an o-sink which has a VYOT 5W emitter on top of it. The tint of this emitter is the typical HIDish color and is very bright.

The light runs on standard D cell batteries which feed a BadBoy750 driver.

This light also has a lightly textured reflector and has a very smooth beam.

Although this is a big light, it's great for long runtimes, low heat, and general purpose use for those times when you need lots of light.

I'm asking $140 for the light, shipped via USPS Priority mail. Global Priority is an extra $5. The light does NOT come with batteries.

If you want the light, post with an "I'll take it," and PM me for payment details.

Thanks,

Chop

Flashlight Enthusiast
Come on guys. It also doubles as a defensive tool. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

KevinL

Flashlight Enthusiast
Bump for Chop.

For some reason, Mag mods are hard to sell, why? I have sold a couple and they were both difficult to move. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/frown.gif

On the other hand, my fastest sale ever was a mod of my second smallest light, those went so fast I didn't even have time to refresh the page /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/tongue.gif

The smaller the light, the faster it goes? /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/thinking.gif

Chop

Flashlight Enthusiast
Kevin,

I agree. The smaller lights I've made went quick. Most don't last a night. The larger lights just don't get much respect, but they do have their places. I mean, how else are you going to run a 5W at 750mA for more than a couple of hours without having to worry about heat or having to replace the batteries.

With lights in configurations that accept D cells and don't over stress the batteries, it almost doesn't make sense to bother yourself with rechargeables. For most people, this light will probably run for a year on a set of batteries.

What really great about it is the candle mode. The power when out a couple of nights ago. I just set this thing with the head off on the den table and it was more than enough light in my 15'X 20' den.

KevinL

Flashlight Enthusiast
That's why I keep some big Mags around - for all the moments where you need the light to keep going. I was trying to burn off some D cells in the OA4D Cookbook Mag that I got for free. Someone used the cells partially and was throwing them away, so I picked them up and put them in the Mag. It took forever to discharge them, even when I deliberately found a reason to keep the light running for 3 hours at night!

I built something similar to yours too, LuxV WX1T with BB917. W-bin flux - and it took two tries to sell it /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/frown.gif

Incidentally, this 4D Mag can be re-sleeved with paper to accomodate 5 AA NiMH for the ultimate in weight loss, while retaining its ability to accomodate 4D and 5C cells, or even 6 SubC. It's amazing what you can do with a little bit of paper. Ask me how I know. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/rolleye11.gif (hint: my BB917 LuxV..)

Don't knock paper, in an emergency when the local store has nothing but Cs and you have a D-cell light that needs to be fed believe me you WILL use whatever paper you can lay your hands on to sleeve it /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif