• You must be a Supporting Member to participate in the Candle Power Forums Marketplace.

You can become a Supporting Member.

Sold/Expired f/s original McLux tk serial #125 SOLD

Status
Not open for further replies.

keithhr

Flashlight Enthusiast
I have 2 McLux lights so I decided to sell one of the original McLux 3 volt lights , serial #125. I received this one from Don personally and hate to part with it. It is in very good condition as it's been sitting on my dresser for most of the last two years. I'm asking $205 shipped, USPS w/delivery confirmation , insured, including paypal fees. First post here saying that you want it will have first opportunity.
thanks,
Keith

Wasabi

Newly Enlightened
Re: f/s original McLux tk serial #125 reduced pric

/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/takeit.gif I'll send PM soon.
/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/thanks.gif

HVAC

Newly Enlightened

Keithhr, I just picked one of these up two weeks ago and I love it! I was wondering what they had for LE's?
Wasabi your'e really going to like this one /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/happy14.gif

Sean /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grinser2.gif

Wasabi

Newly Enlightened

I'm sure I love it. As far as I heard, LE is BB400 and Low Dome, isn't it?
But, I don't really mind what kind of LE. I just love this shape....
Thanks, /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

HVAC

Newly Enlightened

Wasabi, the output does seem to be like a BB400. I also love the shape it's one of the best looking lights I have /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grinser2.gif. Thanks

Wasabi

Newly Enlightened

HVAC, I was really looking for this light. I thought I could buy it anytime while ago. But it was not available when I had fund for it... So, I am REALLY happy when I found it. Thanks! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

keithhr

Flashlight Enthusiast

On Feb 12 at 3:27 pm pacific time, arewethereyetdad offered a trade and cash for my McLux. At 12:31 am pacific time I wrote to him that I was interested in a trade and cash. At 4:16 am pacific time he wrote back and said that he indeed did want the McLux. At 4:34 am, Wasanabi, graciously offered to buy the McLux. All this transpiired while I was sleeping.
Since I first offered the light to arewethereyetdad at 12:31 am I am bound to honor that offer. One is more inclined to respond to a flashing, "you've got mail" cpf notification.

In addition, on an earlier deal thursda, Argetni said he would buy two of my Elektro Lumens blasters on Friday, I countered with an offer a bit higher. In the meantime I received an offer for more than my counter offer to Argetni. Over 24 hours elapsed since I had pm'ed Argetni and I accepted the other offer. Argetni wrote to me saying he had first rights even though over 24 hours elsapsed . Because I had agreed to sell him the light I couldn't go back on my word and sold him the light for less money than I was subsequently offered. My word is my word whether it's in a post or a PM. The lack of notification in the thread was an oversight. My apologies to Wasanabi but I can't cancel the deal with arewethereyetdad.
I wrote this post as an explanation to Wasanabi who felt he was overlooked in being able to buy the McLux light.

Wasabi

Newly Enlightened

Yes, I was quite disapointed that I couldn't take it. Now, I understood why I couldn't take it. Sometimes this kind of thing happens. Actually I had done similor actions. I appreciate detailed explanation regarding how the things moved.

But I would appreciate if one of the person who's doing transaction on PM post "I'll take it" or "I'm interested". Then, I wouldn't be disapointed at all.

Thanks anyway,
Wasabi,

[ QUOTE ]
rookie said:
Feel free to bash me, but from the way I see it....

[ QUOTE ]
keithhr said:
I have 2 McLux lights so I decided to sell one of the original McLux 3 volt lights , serial #125. I received this one from Don personally and hate to part with it. It is in very good condition as it's been sitting on my dresser for most of the last two years. I'm asking $205 shipped, USPS w/delivery confirmation , insured, including paypal fees. First post here saying that you want it will have first opportunity.
thanks,
Keith

[/ QUOTE ]

It's sad when people who has a ton of lights can't even let a newbie get one......

[/ QUOTE ]

Hey Rookie, it's sad when people form opinions without knowing the situation. Get a life, loser.

McGizmo

Flashaholic
Damn guys!

Keithr,
Bummer you didn't get a chance to mark the light "sold" or spoken for prior to wasabi's post. This stuff does happen and there was no malice as I can see on the parts of any of the folks truly involved.

Now, rookie stepped in with his opinion which he is free to do and since he said " feel free to bash me" I can't really come down on arewethereyetdad and ask him to remove what would normaly be considered a personal atack [ QUOTE ]
. Get a life, loser.

[/ QUOTE ]

It would seem that there has been some more self editing prior to me coming upon this.

It is unfortunate that the request to "..post here saying that you want it" wasn't followed by arewethereyetdad. I follow Keithr's chain of events and agree with his resolution of this matter (not that my opinion is important or significant here; merely my opinion). Unfortunately he is now somewhat compromised by the circumstances. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/icon3.gif

I think I will lock this thread as the light has been sold and any further discussions will be beyond the scope of this particular thread. Hopefully some lessons were learned and no one was hurt.

Status
Not open for further replies.