too good to be true ? GONCZ E Series

Status
Not open for further replies.

stormchaser

Newly Enlightened
hello glad to find this place!! great to see others with the same intrest!! anybody know about this goncz e series LED light ? the description seems to good to be true.

Kiessling

Flashaholic
Do a search on "Goncz" here, and be sure to search for really old threads. Do the same on Bladeforums.
Then think ... /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif ... and please don't be shocked when this thread will get locked quickly, it's not because of you or your question.

Welcome to CPF stormchaser, and stay a while! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/party.gif

bernhard

Lunal_Tic

Flashlight Enthusiast
Welcome to CPF! I hope you keep your wallet is in a safe place or you might see it thinning before your very eyes while you're here.

You might want to do a search on Goncz. He's been here before and it wasn't pretty. The short answer to your question is "yes" it is quite likely that his claims are too good to be true.

Enjoy your stay.
-LT

stormchaser

Newly Enlightened
thanks
on the other hand,the NuwaiTM-303X Q-III Luxeon III seems to be the real deal!

Former_Mag_User

Enlightened
Good choice, the QIII is a great light, especially with a Rechargable battery.

Welcome to CPF! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink2.gif

MaxaBaker

Flashlight Enthusiast
Getting a QIII myself as soon as I can get a MO.

Welcome to CPF!!!! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/party.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink2.gif

stormchaser

Newly Enlightened
cool, is the rechargable battery as powerful than a regular 123 battery?
i was happy to get them for around a buck each

Former_Mag_User

Enlightened
If I understand this right, reachargable Lithium 123's start off at a higher voltage so it makes the LED brighter.

Did you get your batteries from The Battery Station?

http://www.batterystation.com/cpf.htm

Only $1 each for us CPF members, you can't beat that! They also have rechargable 123's and chargers.

stormchaser

Newly Enlightened
thanks i didnt know that
i saw that deal at battery station
i got some from surefire, and ebay

Former_Mag_User

Enlightened
Check out this thread about using a rechargable battery in a QIII: Q3 Rechargable

The Q3 is very bright even without reahcrgables! Youll like it, so will you MaxaBaker. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

stormchaser

Newly Enlightened
thanks
i wonder what rechargables would do in a surefire c-3 with the upgraded lamp?

Dynacolt

Enlightened
Since this is likely to be locked very shortly:
The E-3 is alleged to put out 600 Lumens for 2 hours /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wow.gif Yeah!?!? (and this is a LED / electron beam /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/huh.gif??)
The specs on his lights surpass anything by Surefire or even Night-Ops new Gladius!!!!
web page
Amusing or concerning?

MaxaBaker

Flashlight Enthusiast
Well, that's a heck of a claim. I would definitly say it's to good to be true. (dang, now I have that song stuck in my head /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/rolleye11.gif)

McGizmo

Flashaholic
If I had an appropriate or useful comment it would reside in this post. Seems I don't. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/icon3.gif

EDIT: If YCLO were around, I bet he'd add:

/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/popcorn.gif

oklalawman

Enlightened
Goncz has been advertising heavily in the police magazines.
I filled out a info reques on their website, Filled out a info request form that was in a magazine, and even called them and left a message. never got a response. I lost interest due to poor customer service. I then started hanging out here and learned how absurd their claims were.

kongfuchicken

Flashlight Enthusiast
Lol! looks like some soldier of fortune as well as an officer both inherited his bad grammar for these testimonials... /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/icon6.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.