pila 168s rechargables w/ kl1???

ob1

Newly Enlightened
anyone run pila 168s rechargable batteries with the kl1? im thinking about getting an e2e w/ newest kl1 head and i want to know how the pila 168s batteries are with it. Runtime/brightness/etc... I would greatly appriciate your imput thanks /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/help.gif

Ray_of_Light

Flashlight Enthusiast
The new style KL1 runs for two hours on a 168S. There is no difference, with respect to light output, of running it on one or two 123 cells.
It is one of the most effective rechargeable setups I know of.
The only drawback is in the fact that the light wiil turn off abruptly, due to the built-in voltage controller of the 168S. The controller sets off at 2.85 volts, while the KL1 is still in full regulation.
As a suggestion, attach a Photon to the lanyard hook of the E2e for backup purposes.
This setup also works very vell and effectively with a Mc2S dual-speed tailcap. With a 30 Ohm resistor, you get 40 hours of runtime on low, and 2 hours on high.

Anthony

ob1

Newly Enlightened
where do i get the Mc2S dual-speed tailcap? I was originally going for the kl1 with e1 and BS r123a batteries which would be cheaper, but leaning towards the e2 or vital gear body w/ kl1 and pila 168s batteries. I would like to hear imput from more people who run the pila 168s with kl1