• You must be a Supporting Member to participate in the Candle Power Forums Marketplace.

You can become a Supporting Member.

Sold/Expired One Of A Kind Modded KL1/L4 bodied Light!-SOLD!

Gene

Flashlight Enthusiast
I have a great turnkey light that some of you folks here might like. It has an original KL1 head that has been transformed by our friend and expert modder Chop towards throw and brightness with a reflector and also the stock KL1 electronics have been upgraded to 7000maH! This thing throws like crazy and will still light up a room! It has a Q3J emitter and these emitters were some the best! The beam has a great round hotspot with some sidespill and is on the warm side. No blue or purple here!

This is a complete light and includes the hot-rodded KL1 head with a L4 body and a "special" Z57 clickie. What makes this Z57 "special" is that it has been smoothed over by our resident Z57 clickie expert Peter. It also has a one-off custom "stand-on-end" SOLID BRASS button protector, (that takes the place of the plastic Z57 sleeve), which also was custom machined by our friend Chop. I will also include the original Z57 parts.

I've replaced the short L4 clip with the longer E2O clip that makes for a more secure hold to a pocket. I've also epoxied a green tritium glow vial to the KL1 head so you can find it in the dark.

All this for only $175.00-***SOLD*** and that will include USPS shipping to U.S. Other countries $7.00 extra. I accept PayPal or money orders only and my e-mail and PayPal account is: [email protected] .I DO NOT charge EXTRA for PayPal charges or shipping and I can't understand why others do! It's such a let down when you see....this or that...and add an extra whatever for this or that! It's just so much easier to include ALL charges in the price!

kl1.jpg

Gene

Flashlight Enthusiast
Re: One Of A Kind KL1/L4 bodied Complete Light!

Oh yeah, please e-mail me for a picture as I'm old school and do not have web hosting site.

sss

Newly Enlightened

PM sent.

jaids

Enlightened

7000 mAh? I think that you mean 700 ma. Also wouldnt 700 mA to a Luxeon I overdrive it alot? And be less efficient than a luxeon III as there would be a higher voltage draw from the Q3J?

Gene

Flashlight Enthusiast

jaids,
Yeah, you're correct. I meant 700mA! It's overdriven a little but that's what makes it so bright. There's no danger of it blowing anytime soon because there's many LED's overdriven to this current and more! This will run on 2X123's or a Pila 168S for well over an hour. Thanks for the correction and NO, this current WILL NOT blow the luxeon, at least not for years of use!

LitFuse

Flashlight Enthusiast

Way to go Gene! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

Peter

Gene

Flashlight Enthusiast

Thank you so much Peter for posting the picture for me! And as you folks know, Peter is a great modder and did a great job on the clickie! By the way, those little specks ARE NOT marks but I guess dust from the scanner. This head also works well with 1X123. This is a very bright light and a great thrower! The brass button protector prevents accidental activations and doubles so the light can stand on end. It's really neat!

Gene

Flashlight Enthusiast

PM responded to GR and THANKS Pete! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Chop

Flashlight Enthusiast

I've driven 1W luxeons to over 1A. As long as the sinking is adequate, it won't hurt anything. The Q3J 1W driven to 700mA is about equal in output to an S bin Lux III. It was one of the best available at the time that the mod was done.

Chop

Flashlight Enthusiast

I can't believe this is still here.

Since this is one of my babies and one of my pre first 100 mods, this is what I will do.

If you buy this light from Gene, have him send it to me and I will drop a premium bin Lux III into it of my choosing, and will be based on which I have the most of at the time. The color will be good and the Vf won't be higher than a K. I say that because I don't stock anything higher than a K and I only stock luxeons with good color. I will make an effort to make it a TWO? or TXO? After the transplant, I will then ship it to you.

Just PM me after the deal is done.

Sigman

* The Arctic Moderator *

Gotta admit, it's a GREAT looking torch and with Chop's offer to upgrade it, how could someone go wrong!!

StoneDog

Flashlight Enthusiast

This is a nice looking light, does it use the stock collimator?

Jon

rdf

Newly Enlightened
Re: One Of A Kind Modded KL1/L4 bodied Complete Light!

Gene,
It was a nice deal already, but Chop's offer makes it too good to pass up.

I'll take it.

Is Paypal when I get home from work okay? (about 8 hrs from now ..)

Russ

Chop

Flashlight Enthusiast

Stonedog,

It has an IMS 17mm reflector in it.

rdf,

Be sure to PM me.

StoneDog

Flashlight Enthusiast

Doh! This is a NICE light... Enjoy it rdf!

Jon

Gene

Flashlight Enthusiast

Well what can I say? Here's Tony being his usual generous self! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif What an offer Tony! I have a dilemma here though. I was away from the computer this morning and didn't see Tony's offer. Last night I offered it to another guy for a reduced price. He got back to me this morning saying he'd take it. This was AFTER rdf stated he'd take it here in this thread for my asking price. I feel bad but I'm out of work at the present time so I could use the money. I'm in a real quandry. I think with Tony's offer and rdf committing before the other guy, (I checked the times of his PM and rdf's post), for my listed price, I'm going to sell it to rdf. So rdf, PayPal my account and it's yours. Thanks Again Tony and heck, you've almost made me want to KEEP it!

Chop

Flashlight Enthusiast

Hey, these KL1s are hard to come by these days. We have to keep it current and make sure that it doesn't wind up in a drawer someplace.

I had forgotten how nice that light looked with the little brass thingie on the butt end. I did mean to make more of those, but never got around to it. Too many irons in the fire.

As far as posts go, I guess the first one with the "I'll take it" post gets it. You snooze, you loose. It happens to me a lot. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Gene

Flashlight Enthusiast

You're too much Tony! I PM'd the other guy and told him I have to sell it to rdf. rdf committed to it FIRST. I offered it to the other guy last night and I waited and waited for a response until late and didn't get a response. He then PM'd me at 9:01 AM this morning saying he'd take it but rdf stated a firm "I'll take it" in this thread at 6:54 AM. I hope the gentleman understands but the first one with a firm "I'll take it" gets it and rdf gets it. I'll pack it up and send it to Tony today so stay in touch with Tony rdf.