Rechargeable lights...

Freshman

Newly Enlightened
Can someone give me field reports between the Surefire 8NX Commander and the Streamlight Strion? I want a bright rechargeable light but with no circles, rings, blemishes or artifacts in the beamshots. Plenty of side spill too. Inova is coming out with a T4? Gallsinc.com is already selling the Inova T4. Does the Surefire L4 come in a rechargeable? The L6 or something?

MrBenchmark

Enlightened
I haven't tried an 8NX commander nor a strion. The Inova T series lights are great - but if a ringy beam bothers you then you may not like them. Personally I don't have a problem with them, but it bothers some.

The SF L4 can be used with rechargeable Pila batteries, as can the SF L6. I've got an L6, and it's a terrific light. Unless you can carry the light in a holster, though, it's really not EDC material. But I use mine a lot when I hike at night.

SilverFox

Flashaholic
Hello Freshman,

The 8NX is very smooth, until you get to the very edge of the spill. At the edge there is a ring and the pattern from the lens nut.

The turbo head also exhibits the same ring and pattern at the very edge.

In actual use, these are not noticeable and I consider the beam smooth.

Tom

AW

Newly Enlightened
The stock orange peel reflector of my SF 9N produces a very smooth beam with lots of side spill. The rated 130 lumens makes the 9N a very bright light. However, its weight and size is too big to my taste and it is sitting somewhere in my drawer.