Product suggestions for SF, Pelican, SL, Pentagon

ugrey

Enlightened
Product suggestions for SF, Pelican, SL, Pentagon

Surefire- I want a Nitrolon E2e. I know it can be done because my Brinkman Maxfire's battery tube is within 1mm of the E2e's diameter. Plastic is the wave of the future, just ask any pistol manufacturer. Also please make an E2C adapter available like Dspecks. Buy his design. The throw and overall output of the p60/61 lamp assemblies are easier to pocket carry with the smaller battery tube. Smaller, Brighter, Better.

Pelican- I want an M9 lithium incandescent flashlight. Put 3 123 batteries behind that great reflector. That would peel paint! Throw, Throw, Throw!

Streamlight- I want a TL-2 bezel on the TL-3 flashlight. The smaller size would make it much more pocket carryable. It would compete with the SF 9P.

Pentagon- When are you going to bring out your XP2 and X4?The XP2 seems to be the same size as the SF E2e. I assume it will be less in price. SF MSRP these days is no bargain. The X4 looks like it will be half the price of the SF M4 but with similar performance. Come on guys, competition is good for me, the consumer. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

My credit card awaits your decisions. The customer is always right. Thanks for reading the rantings of a chronic flashaholic.

haley1

Enlightened
Re: Product suggestions for SF, Pelican, SL, Pentagon

How about a SF Nitrolon G3, bring back the old style turbo-heads, an HID light that doesn't cost several thousand $. Lower the cost on the lamp assemblies. Not likely but a nice thought. Of course I'll still keep buying their products, so why should they bother? And I must applaud the cost of their bat's. It helps a lot with the pain of buying their lights, for the common man anyway.

ugrey

Enlightened
Re: Product suggestions for SF, Pelican, SL, Pentagon

OtherMutt, You beat me to it. By all means let us have a G3. Surefire is bringing back the 9P for $75, why not a G3 for $55? At least, make the correct length 123 battery spacer, in nitrolon, so we can convert a G2 to a G3. Also, why not a E3e?

KevinL

Flashlight Enthusiast
Re: Product suggestions for SF, Pelican, SL, Pent

ugrey, Surefire does have an "E2C". The LU60A conversion kit for the Scout Light is exactly what you seek. As a bonus, it comes with included shock-isolated M2-style bezel. Just released. No need to wait /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

The only thing more I could ask from SF is for a L4 with variable power selector dial - retaining the same size or just a quarter of an inch longer. And the U2's control circuitry. The U2 delivers an efficiency that has to be seen to be believed. On level 3, mine puts out almost the same output as a KL1, and runs for more than twice as long..! Paypal/Mastercard/Visa/bank wire transfer would be sent immediately without asking any more questions /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif I suspect it will come, in time. My guess is that it's a matter of when, not whether.

Spotted in another photo - a light that resembles a Surefire M3T/M4 with the selector ring... that can only mean one thing. TURBOHEAD LED!! Not that I need it, but some folks might.

Oh, and a more affordable version of the Beast, so that I need not wait till the sky falls before they may empty my wallet again /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif NiMH/lithium ion rechargeable please!!

PS: agreed with you folks that 3-cell is where the magic is. The P90 and especially the P91 cut through the night like it ain't there. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/huh.gif

Techmedic

Enlightened

Optional clip for the 6P and 9P; NOT to compete with the centurion, but to allow a choice of clip wear or holster wear.
Second generation spares carrier, perhaps a version whereby you can fit any type of bulb, and remove batteries without taking the bulb out. The lanyard is OK, but make it so that it could be worn on the belt also. Maybe two compartments; one for the lamp and one for 6 cells.
Why?
-Reduce the number of SC's to stock to only one
-Allow the SC to be used as a belt mounted carrier for overnight operations, nightshifts, etc... more uses for the same product
-Call it the SC-MAX

Flashlight Enthusiast

Surefire:

KL1 with textured reflector.

L4 size light with Lux III (for more throw and greater LED life) and two-brightness levels.

Pelican:

Larger version of the Pelican M6 LEDs that run on D-cell and C-cell batteries respectively. I love everything about the PM6 (especially the great reflector), but would like the option of long-running alkaline batteries. Include HA-3, Lux-3, and regulation and this would be my dream light.

DaveT

Enlightened

Streamlight: A 1L-sized equivalent of their Tasklight 2L, with either a 1-watt or 3-watt LED.
And:
A 2AA-bodied Tasklight with a 2-stage switch and a 1-watt LED.

And for both of these - first click low, second click high, third click off.

Flashlight Enthusiast

[ QUOTE ]
DaveT said:

And for both of these - first click low, second click high, third click off.

[/ QUOTE ]

I agree. I dislike on my SL Argo that it is high first click, medium second click, and low third click. When the high mode is out of regulation, the light stalls and I cannot get it into medium or low easily. If it started at low instead, the light wouldn't stall easily from the higher levels not having enough juice applied to them.

LightObsession

Flashlight Enthusiast

Streamlight: A three power level version of the 2L 3w LED light.