Actors in Commercials

GJW

Flashlight Enthusiast
Heck with them....
Who's the brunette in the BK commercials?

0319_bs08.gif

EDIT: apparently Michelle Borth... ain't Google grand?

PhotonWrangler

Flashaholic
[ QUOTE ]
raggie33 said:
its dana carvey

[/ QUOTE ]

He moves like Dana Carvey but I think he's taller. It also doesn't make sense to me that the agency would pay a higher price for a big name and then hide his identity. I'm betting that they've hired an unknown dancer/actor to save $$$.

PhotonWrangler

Flashaholic
I haven't seen the BK commercials. Must be a regional thing?

***EDIT***

Oh, BK = Burger King! Doh! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/ohgeez.gif

raggie33

*the raggedier*
[ QUOTE ]
PhotonWrangler said:
[ QUOTE ]
raggie33 said:
its dana carvey

[/ QUOTE ]

He moves like Dana Carvey but I think he's taller. It also doesn't make sense to me that the agency would pay a higher price for a big name and then hide his identity. I'm betting that they've hired an unknown dancer/actor to save $$$.

[/ QUOTE ]hect all they would to do is sell a coke from the vending machine /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

MaxaBaker

Flashlight Enthusiast
Brian Baker....hmmmm.....maybe I'm related /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grinser2.gif (actually, I dislike those commercials and find him and the commercials annoying). Sorry brother /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/nana.gif

Raggie and PhotonWrangler - I heard somewhere that the dancing person in the Six Flags commercials is a girl/women/lady/female (whatever) with A LOT of make-up on. I don't know where I heard that though /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/thinking.gif

PhotonWrangler

Flashaholic
MaxaBaker, I've heard that also (it's been discussed here before actually) but I'm not buying it. First of all, someone who saw him in person at one of their parks last year noted that he had masculine, hairy hands, something that's very difficult to fake with makeup. Second, when a Six Flags P.R. person was queried about the performer's age, the reply was "Well, he's somewhere between your age (the reporter) and your grandfather's." So the management let it slip that it's appoarently a male in the costume and makeup.

The only thing I'm positive of is that it is a younger actor. The facial makeup doesn't look exactly the same in every photo - sometimes he has a smooth forehwad, sometimes he doesn't. And the jawline just looks weird and rubbery.

GJW

Flashlight Enthusiast
Never saw him in person but the person on the commercials is definitely wearing a pretty extensive mask and prosthetic hands.
It is not Dana Carvey.
As for in-person, in-park sightings.... multiple parks would suggest multiple costumed actors.

PhotonWrangler

Flashaholic
[ QUOTE ]
GJW said:
As for in-person, in-park sightings.... multiple parks would suggest multiple costumed actors.

[/ QUOTE ]

I have no doubt that they'll start stamping out multiple copies of the Mr. Six character for local parks. Last year's sightings were individually scheduled events. I think they were using those as a feasibility test to see how well the makeup held up in a real-world situation, among other things.

MaxaBaker

Flashlight Enthusiast
Hmmm....that version sounds quite different from the original/actual version. I actually like it when I'm jogging or doing other "physical" activities because it has such a fast repetative beat to it.

Hookd_On_Photons

Enlightened
Well, it's a MIDI file so it's only going to be a rough approximation.

I could post links to download the mp3, but I wouldn't want to make CPF a party to copyright violations. They're easy enough to find yourself anyway...

And as long as we're on the topic of burger commerical actresses, what do you think about this Hardee's commercial?

http://img.slate.msn.com/media/53/Fist_girl_56k.asf

Or this?

http://img.slate.msn.com/media/31/Straw_girl_56k.asf

(Links require Windows Media Player. @#$! Slate!)

Commentary:

http://slate.msn.com/id/2111999/

PhotonWrangler

Flashaholic
We don't have Hardee's here so I've never seen the ads, but from reading the commentary on Slate and seeing the screenshots, I think the "fist girl" and "straw" ads are pretty gross. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/sick2.gif

Hookd_On_Photons

Enlightened
I think the Monster Thickburger is pretty gross. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/sick2.gif

It's two one-third-pound slabs of Angus beef, four strips of bacon, three slices of cheese and mayonnaise on a buttered sesame seed bun.

Jeez, all those carbs in that bun... it's totally unhealthy! Couldn't they cram all of the Atkins goodness into a low-carb wrap instead?

MaxaBaker

Flashlight Enthusiast
Sounds delicious!!!!! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/thumbsup.gif

PhotonWrangler

Flashaholic
[ QUOTE ]
Hookd_On_Photons said:
It's two one-third-pound slabs of Angus beef, four strips of bacon, three slices of cheese and mayonnaise on a buttered sesame seed bun.

[/ QUOTE ]

Wha...? That's a heart attack on a plate! Does it come with a clot-buster? /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/ooo.gif