MY FIRST SUREFIRE!!!!!!!

LEDagent

Flashlight Enthusiast
OK! THant's it! I couldn't wait any longer for the LX so i bought MY FIRST SUREFIRE!!!

You must forgive me for the lack of words for this post but I am still in shock from this light. This thing feels like it was made for my hands, like it was forged from above, like it channels light through the heavens! This thing was better than anyone can put into words. The E2 is a work of art, that's all i can say for now. Later when the shock settles i'll start decribing my feelings...

sunspot

Flashlight Enthusiast
Congrats LEDagent. I know just how you feel. I remember my 6P(first). My jaw went down. I was in awe with the beam and construction of the torch. Now the bug has bit you. There is no going back for you. Shine on Dude.
smile.gif
grin.gif

Tater Rocket

Enlightened
LEDAgent:
"--------------------
LSI rechargeable 1Million CP SPOTLIGHT
Energizer Double Barrel AAA - DAMN i broke it
6 LED Torch - Broke this one too!"

Don't be ashamed, go ahead and add your E2 to the list :) It'll be a little harder to break the E2 though. Congrats, but I think I'll stick to my LX. I really would like an E2 though. Maybe sometime I will find a used one.

Spud

mikep

Enlightened
LEDagent- I know exactly how you feel. I got an E2 a week ago, but I don't feel like I should fully enjoy it until my official birthday a few days hence.

On my lunch hour today, I plan to go to Radio Shack and a hardware store to pick up the bits to make an LED lamp assembly.

Byron Walter

Enlightened
Yeah... the E2 is the bomb. If I lost mine I'd buy another without even considering the new Brinkman (which sounds very nice). The size/brightness of the E2... and quality all add up to the perfect in pocket light. Plus it's part of a system with all the various options out there.

LEDagent

Flashlight Enthusiast
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Byron Walter:
Yeah... the E2 is the bomb. If I lost mine I'd buy another without even considering the new Brinkman (which sounds very nice). The size/brightness of the E2... and quality all add up to the perfect in pocket light. Plus it's part of a system with all the various options out there.<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

EXACTLY! really though....i don't think i would consider buying the LX. I see it like this: I Bought a BMW M5, sure there are other cars that can keep up performance wise - like a Subaru WRX - but why buy a WRX now? Buy another BMW. Seriously - I thought the price, at first, for one of these things could not be justified, nor could i justify the price for Lithium 123s. But after seeing how well build these torches were, how bright they were, and how DEEEEAAAD SSSSEEEEEXXXXY (Austin Powers) were, i wouldn't mind buying another at twice its cost.
grin.gif
grin.gif

...But now...where to buy Lithium batteries online. I'm still hesitant on buying 2 batteries for 10-12 dollars.
mad.gif

grin.gif

Byron Walter

Enlightened
I knew that BMW was experimenting with hydrogen but I didn't know they were using lithiums! No wonder the M5 is so fast.
..oh, for the flashlight...sorry... I'm buying SureFire 123s from Arizona Gun Runners. A box of 12 works out to about $2.50 each (not counting shipping). Apparently these batteries really do out perform all the others out there... at least in flashlights.

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by LEDagent:
EXACTLY! really though....i don't think i would consider buying the LX. I see it like this: I Bought a BMW M5, sure there are other cars that can keep up performance wise - like a Subaru WRX - but why buy a WRX now? Buy another BMW. Seriously - I thought the price, at first, for one of these things could not be justified, nor could i justify the price for Lithium 123s. But after seeing how well build these torches were, how bright they were, and how DEEEEAAAD SSSSEEEEEXXXXY (Austin Powers) were, i wouldn't mind buying another at twice its cost.
grin.gif
grin.gif

...But now...where to buy Lithium batteries online. I'm still hesitant on buying 2 batteries for 10-12 dollars.
mad.gif

grin.gif
<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Artie Choke

Newly Enlightened
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by LEDagent:
...But now...where to buy Lithium batteries online. I'm still hesitant on buying 2 batteries for 10-12 dollars<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

check out this thread (at the end) - lot's of 123 price info (note: zreiss sells ge/sanyos):

123s

LEDagent

Flashlight Enthusiast
Ok, the only gripe i have so far with the E2 is the clip. Has anyone fashioned a lanyard for the E2 yet? How about a protective sleeve or sheeth for the light while it's in my pocket. DAMN i love this light!

Can't wait for the high/low powered lamps.
I posted a pic of a Centurion with a 19 LED lamp....will they make one for the E2? hmm..

LEDagent

Flashlight Enthusiast
I DON'T UNDERSTAND!

I started using the light since i got it with it's included Surefire batteries. The longest i ever left it on continuously was 2-3 minutes. Then MANY other instances i just used it for momentary short blasts of light. I've done this every night (and day) since i got it, and starting on the 2nd day, every morning i would check the voltage.
The first morning measured 2.967V
The second morning measured 2.871V
The third morning measured 2.865V

That night i used it ALOT becuase i showed it off at a party i went to. THen the next morning i checked the voltage and it read 3.006V WOW
shocked.gif
. If the E2 keeps this up at the rate i'm using it...I will never have to buy new batteries....haha just kidding.

I LOVE THIS LIGHT. It has become a part of me now; it even goes with me in the mornings. My friends think i'm a geek now for having so many flashlights - and paying 70 bucks for this E2- THey just can't understand why i'd spend that much on a little flashlight (until they see it on).

lightlover

Flashlight Enthusiast
OK! ........ MY FIRST SUREFIRE!!!
Later when the shock settles i'll start decribing my feelings...
<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

When I got mine, also my first SF, I wanted to post about it straightaway. Reason I didn't was because I wouldn't have been able to stop writing ......

lightlover
wink.gif
rolleyes.gif
shocked.gif
smile.gif

The_LED_Museum

*Retired*
A Surefire is definitely on my list, but it will probably be awhile.
My next spendable money will be around January, and I have that earmarked for one of those UKE Light Cannons.

Maybe in April 2002, when the next "load" comes in... but I don't know if I should get an E2 or go for something bigger.
I already have one of those Brinkmann Legends, which is my first lithium light.

Opinions people... what you would spend $200 plus on?
tongue.gif
???
confused.gif
???
tongue.gif

John N

Flashlight Enthusiast
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Stingmon:
Opinions people... what you would spend $200 plus on?<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

10X. 3hrs good light, 20mins of *light*. Rechargable.

(I know, I know, it's not an LED)

Either that, or an Actionlight (w/2D cell case and a dummy cell). However, 1) they need to get them into production, and 2) due to the delays, they really need a V3 version to keep ahead of the Jones. Also, they would do well to make a "flashlight" version.

-john

The_LED_Museum

*Retired*
I'm looking for something that will just blow everyhing else out of the water, including possibly the Light Cannon.
The only limit is that such a beast has to be around $200... I won't have much more than that.

I've played with an Action Light, and while it's a good light, most incandescents will still blow it away when it comes to total luminous flux.

John N

Flashlight Enthusiast
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Stingmon:
I'm looking for something that will just blow everyhing else out of the water, including possibly the Light Cannon.<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Well, at 450 lumens, blowing the LC out of the water is going to be a bit of work. Especially for under $200.

I can't think of any *product* out there right now that meets your requirements.
On the other hand, maybe a DIY project... What comes to mind is an auto HID conversion kit. Below is a link for a Phillips kit for $475.95. The interesting thing is it looks like there are *two* ballasts. So perhaps it would be possible to split the cost with someone.

Then you just need a housing and power.

I understand these are 35W units, should blow away the 10W (?) LC.
http://www.procarparts.com/store/displaydetails.cfm?pid=9006hidset
-john

The_LED_Museum

*Retired*
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by John N:
Yep, like I said, SF 10X Dominator. :)

-john
<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Even without the charger, the 10X is still considerably more than I'll have to spend.
I said around $200, not around $300 or $400.
frown.gif

I wasn't aware the Light Cannon could waste a 10X.
shocked.gif

Maybe I'll just get an E2 to keep my Legend company on those dark winter nights.
smile.gif

John N

Flashlight Enthusiast
Even without the charger, the 10X is still considerably more than I'll have to spend.
I said around $200, not around $300 or $400.
frown.gif

I wasn't aware the Light Cannon could waste a 10X.
shocked.gif

Maybe I'll just get an E2 to keep my Legend company on those dark winter nights.
smile.gif
<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Ah, originally you said "200 plus".

AGR has them listd for $245 w/charger, I thought that was in the ballpark.
http://www.arizonagunrunners.com/Products/Surefire/Surefireindex/10xdominator/10xdominator.html

Well, I didn't say the LC would waste the 10X, but it's hard to say the 10X "blows it away" since it is close in terms of light output (LC=450 lumens vs 10X 560/610 lumens).

Of course I think the 10X is better in a lot of ways (much better engineering, instant light output, much sturdier, rechargable, etc.), but the LC is still a heck of a bargan for high output general illumination.

-john