Photon led switch

Christoefor

Newly Enlightened
Could I swap the blue led from my photon 2 to the white led from my photon 3 with out to much hassle? I actually prefer the photon 2 system but prefer the white led.
Thanks

paulr

Flashaholic
No I don't think you can do that. The leads are trimmed differently. Also, I think the led in the Photon 3 is soldered, making a nuisance.

I'm not sure what your end goal is. You want a white led in your Photon 2? That's easy, the P2 led is not soldered. Just put replace the green led with a white one. If you need a white led, PM me your address and I'll send you one. Or call Photon customer service and ask if you can buy a white led for a Photon 2 (slightly preferable to me sending you one, since theirs have gold plated leads). I asked them if I could buy a white led and they sent it for free, already plated, trimmed and formed for the Photon 2 (otherwise you have to trim and bend it yourself, no big deal).

If you're aiming for a P3 with a blue led, that's a bit harder, because of the soldering. I may have a blue one around here that I'd unload pretty cheap. I'm not crazy about the P3 either. I like the newer Freedom much better, and its led is not soldered so it's much easier to replace.

Or if you just want a P2-style light with a white led, I have tons of those so I'll drop one in the mail to you. Welcome to CPF. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif

Christoefor

Newly Enlightened
Thanks paulr very nice of you! Yes I am looking for a white p2 glad some one answered my post and glad I did not try to switch the leds. Thanks again. I will call Photon.

Christoefor

Newly Enlightened
Oh yes I also realized that a red led is very bad for checking your oil on the car, it turns invisible in red light! This is a great forum full of great people, much to learn here.

voodoogreg

Flashlight Enthusiast
A few of the online dealers have photon stuff cheap. unless yours has a lot of sentimental value, for 14 bucks you could get a new freedom. easy to use, lots of option's, killer UI. VDG