Which TnC is this N-cell?

nekomane

Flashlight Enthusiast
Just had the chance to acquire an interesting proto type TnC N-cell.
After searching the forums I have not been able to find info on this particular one.

Here are some pics, any help appreciated. Thanks /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

[TNC] and [LLW.MJ] etched into the board.

cue003

Flashlight Enthusiast
In order to know if it is Generation 1 or 2 you need to count the number of threads on the top of the battery tube by the head. If there are 3 then it is Gen 1. If there are 5 it will be Gen 2.

Curtis

nekomane

Flashlight Enthusiast
Hello Curtis, thanks for your reply.
There are 3 threads on the body, so it is probably a Gen 1.

The pics in this thread show that the protos have laser engraved S/Ns, and the knurling looks completely different.
Maybe a proto-proto type /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/confused.gif

cy

Flashaholic
I've never seen one with a flat side. protos released were bare aluminum and marked with P #xx. reflector were smooth.

early ARCmania pills had no TNC markings in protos

nekomane

Flashlight Enthusiast
Just received a speedy reply from Chris @ TnC.
The light is a [series 1 type key-lux] that he made 3 or 5 of, but [Just wasn't what I was looking for].

Thanks to Chris and all who posted, I will take good care of this rare beauty /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

flashlight

Flashlight Enthusiast
[ QUOTE ]
nekomane said:
Just received a speedy reply from Chris @ TnC.
The light is a [series 1 type key-lux] that he made 3 or 5 of, but [Just wasn't what I was looking for].

Thanks to Chris and all who posted, I will take good care of this rare beauty /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

hehe, I thot that it'd be obvious to ask the maker himself first. Well, if it wasn't what you were looking for, you can give it to me /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/tongue.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

nekomane

Flashlight Enthusiast
Hey Cyril,
Thought I'd ask around before disturbing Chris,
he seems to be quite busy with the new batch of AAs /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif

flashlight

Flashlight Enthusiast
[ QUOTE ]
nekomane said:
Hey Cyril,
Thought I'd ask around before disturbing Chris,
he seems to be quite busy with the new batch of AAs /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/thumbsup.gif