Introduction

nethiker

Enlightened
Hey Del,

Welcome to CPF. Hope you stay a while and find this place as friendly and interesting as I have. Oh, and hang tight to your wallet, the lights just beg you to open it up.

Greg

Leeoniya

Enlightened
nice firehawk, forget about those performance aftermarket parts cause you won't be able to afford them soon. lol.

enjoy your stay.
Leon

InfiniteReality

Newly Enlightened
Thanks people... I've done a few LED projects and have a few more in the works... Here's some pics, since I'm in the LED forum and all.. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

Total of 196, 6000mcd LEDs behind the paint and vinyl...
DSC00148.jpg

JustLEDs.jpg

DSC00139.jpg

DSC00091.jpg

Old 18, 6000mcd LED license plate light:
DSC00128.jpg

New 36, 6000mcd license plate light:
IMGP0509.jpg

Old 24, 6000mcd LED Rear Cargo Light:
P1010048.jpg

New 54, 13000mcd LED Rear Cargo Light:
IMGP0653.jpg

20, 6000mcd LED (each side) rear view mirror lights:
P1010052.jpg

InfiniteReality

Newly Enlightened
Oh yeah, thanks to WS6Extreme on here and people's comments he read, I have 100, 26000mcd LEDs on the way! Will be enough to redo my rear view mirror lights (4x brighter) and my cargo light (2x brighter)... Plus have a bluish light instead of a purplish light.
I've tried 3 different batches of white LEDs from different e-bay people and all give out a different color hue. Wonder why some LEDs have white, bluish, purplish light output?

InfiniteReality

Newly Enlightened
[ QUOTE ]
Cornkid said:
Holy cow!! Nice job! What kind of regulation circuitry do you use on you LEDs?

-tom

[/ QUOTE ]

Thanks!
I actally have none.. Probably wouldn't hurt on the front plate and rear plate light. The lights pulse a hair.
Could have went with a smaller resistor for the interior ones since the voltage is regulated at 12v. I calculated the front plate at 47 ohms and used it for everything. WS6Extreme informed me that the interior was regulated.. With the new 26K, I'll use 15ohm resistors so it should help out...

MaxaBaker

Flashlight Enthusiast
Very Very nice!!!!!!!! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/drool.gif

Love the car

Love the LEDs......................(I am quite literally drooling /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/huh.gif )