LED drop in for Brinkman Maxfire Rechargeable?

LightObsession

Flashlight Enthusiast
This light is powered by a 4.8v NiCd battery. I really like the output, color and beam pattern of this light and was wondering if there is an LED drop in that would improve the ruggedness of the light and eliminate bulb replacements without sacraficing output, beam color or characteristics. I know, that's alot to ask for. I prefer the beam color of this light much more than any of my 1w or 5mm LED lights. Not interested in blue, purple or green outputs. I guess what I'm looking for is a warmer color similar to the stock incan in the Maxfire. Whiter would be ok too.

Does such a drop in exist yet or am I just dreaming? Or, is there already a readily available rechargeable LED light with similar output characteristics to what I have described. I like the switch mechanism on the Maxfire also - push part way for momentary and push further to click for constant on.

Oh, and I'd rather not spend over $60 for a new light or $40 for a mod. Yes I know, I'm probably just dreaming at this point. Thanks in advance for your suggestions.

LightObsession

Flashlight Enthusiast
The lower voltage on that drop in is 4.7v if we're thinking of the same one. It's designed to replace 6v and 9v lamp assemblies. I suspect that my 4.8v NiCd wouldn't drive it very well. Thanks for the suggestion.

LightObsession

Flashlight Enthusiast
That's a thought, but wouldn't I then need to buy or build another charger also? Or would the stock Maxfire charger work for a 6v battery pack? I don't know much about these things. I just bought the Maxfire last Saturday.