LH Reflector- Where to Buy ?

acusifu

Enlightened
1 of my LH's has a great beam, one not so great. Where can I get some reflectors to clean up the beam ?

Billson

Flashlight Enthusiast
The sandwich shoppe and elektrolumens sell them on their websites but I haven't checked lately to find out if they are in stock or not.

gregw

Flashlight Enthusiast
If you don't mind buying 5, you can also buy them from PhotonFanatic here. The LionHeart uses the IMS SO27XA (27mm) reflector.

prescottrecorder

Newly Enlightened
I bought a couple of spare reflectors and found that swapping them around made only a subtle difference, but my original beams weren't that bad. Others have tried playing around with the hight of the reflector above the led by putting in little spacers under the reflector or still others have had luck sputtering the reflector. Right now, I'm trying out a frosted lens which gives a very broad and artifact free spot at the expense of throw. I haven't decided yet if I'll stick with that. If I had my act together, I'd point you to the proper threads, but evidently I don't. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

MR Bulk

Flashaholic
A pair of needlenose pliers carefully "pinching" each of the three reflector legs at the base of their first cutout serves to raise the reflector as well, with no need for spacers. Of course if you tighten down forcefully afterwards it compresses these raised "pinch points" and presses the reflector back down flush against the Luxeon base.

acusifu

Enlightened
I fixed it by shaving off the placement tabs(not the legs) and using electrical tape. I found the sweet spot and built the back of the reflector up. The head screws down tight and now the HA3 has a tighter spot than the SE LH. I am double happy now !