What do your wives/gf say?

code09

Enlightened
So lets hear some stories of your wives or girlfriends, or just ppl in your life who dont support you in your flashaholicism. Gotten into any fights over it?
Lets hear some stories!

Greta

Flashaholic
Ok... this is kind of a funny story... /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Last year I was out walking the island with my girlfriend. It's a 4 mile track all the way around the island on the other side of the London Bridge. So we were walking and we're seeing these Avalanches... yes, the Chevy kind... driving by us... LOTS of them! and they kept coming! There must have been about 20 or so of them... all in a "caravan" of sorts. They all drove by and we continued walking. A little ways up the road, we see them all parked at one of the pull-offs on the island. They were all parked in kind of a circle and the drivers were milling around talking... and then there were some who were taking pictures of the Avalanches! ... So I said to my girlfriend, "what a bunch of freaks!"... and her reply to me just as quick as could be... "Easy there flashlight girl"... /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/blush.gif

Beamhead

Flashlight Enthusiast
Wife = /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/rolleyes.gif...sometimes.. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/whoopin.gif
Daughter = /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/jpshakehead.gif
All Others =....well I really don't care what they think!
The way I see it, I don't drink, gamble, or waste money, so who am I hurtin! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

code09

Enlightened
[ QUOTE ]
Sasha said:
Ok... this is kind of a funny story... /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Last year I was out walking the island with my girlfriend. It's a 4 mile track all the way around the island on the other side of the London Bridge. So we were walking and we're seeing these Avalanches... yes, the Chevy kind... driving by us... LOTS of them! and they kept coming! There must have been about 20 or so of them... all in a "caravan" of sorts. They all drove by and we continued walking. A little ways up the road, we see them all parked at one of the pull-offs on the island. They were all parked in kind of a circle and the drivers were milling around talking... and then there were some who were taking pictures of the Avalanches! ... So I said to my girlfriend, "what a bunch of freaks!"... and her reply to me just as quick as could be... "Easy there flashlight girl"... /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/blush.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

hahahah yeaaah, sometimes its easy to judge other ppls "hobbies" but hard to see our own...if that made any sense at all.

Hallis

Flashlight Enthusiast
that would require me having a wife or girlfriend /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/frown.gif which i dont

Shane

Beamhead

Flashlight Enthusiast
[ QUOTE ]
Hallis said:
that would require me having a wife or girlfriend /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/frown.gif which i dont

Shane

[/ QUOTE ]

Smile Shane...some of those who do(have a wife or girlfriend) envy you! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/naughty.gif

code09

Enlightened
hmmm very interesting!!
Wits, thats actually a great idea, ive never thought about that before. A great compromise

Hallis, no worries, your time will come /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Andreas

Enlightened
My wife has a job!! (thank god) She buys what she wants and buy what I want. She does think I am F____'d up though!! That is her nice way of saying that there is no one else like me out there???? We all know that that is not true right???? /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grinser2.gif

Robocop

Moderator, *Mammoth Killer*
I was once given an Arc AA by my G/F and I still hold that light in special regards. It was funny to see how she really did not see what the fuss was all about with such a thing as a little light....man if she only knew how cool that was to have.

Last edited:

Andreas

Enlightened
Next year just have her call me for Ideas?? I will set you up!!

Here comes a BEAST /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Sigman

* The Arctic Moderator *
I've got one son who appreciates torches, but isn't nuts about them. The other son is a "Flashaholic" (though not as obsessed as "Dad" - JOshooter knows what I'm talkin' bout!)

We've got the wife asking for her own lights now (and we do keep her supplied because she's really the boss - but I hope she doesn't read this and realize that we know that! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif). I love it when she's comparing beams against a white wall or ceiling!! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/thumbsup.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Chris_Medico

Newly Enlightened
My collection I'm sure is insignificant compared to the pros here.

My GF is in California working a job right now but overall she likes how well the few lights work but is baffled why someone would spend that much $$ on one.

Eric_M

Enlightened
No fights, just a lot of eye rolls. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/rolleyes.gif

Joe Talmadge

Flashlight Enthusiast
My wife rolls her eyes, and my girlfriend ignores it.

Joe

PS Ha ha! Just kidding! My wife does roll her eyes. No girlfriend though! At least, not if I want to remain in one piece /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

MaxaBaker

Flashlight Enthusiast
No g/f /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/frown.gif .......and no wife (THANK YOU LORD!!!!!!!!) /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

But, I have friends and parents who think I'm pretty stupid for buying so many lights and can't understand why.

Prolepsis

Enlightened
[ QUOTE ]
Eric_M said:
No fights, just a lot of eye rolls. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/rolleyes.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

Ditto. I get a lot of /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/rolleyes.gif but mainly only when I start jibber jabbering about my lights, or about CPF. Or rather, she just pretends to listen, hehe.

Also, when I try to state that going to fields to try out lights *is* normal, she doesn't buy my reasoning that other people on CPF do it... that is, she says I can't use CPF as a measuring stick. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/blush.gif

She's not too impressed with my lights, either--she's like "hey, look, here's a rechargeable spotlight for $20 bucks that is as bright as your lights." So I whip out the Tiger85 and M6, and she's like.. "ok, so they are brighter, but mine is $20 bucks, $20 bucks. Beat that!" /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/frown.gif So then I start going into the benefits (I am aware of the point of diminishing returns, especially for high-end stuff), she does /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/rolleyes.gif

She was, however, impressed with the Beast. I lit up her room from across the street, and she was like: "Holy wow, it feels like an alien ship is landing." I can't wait to suprise her with the USL. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

My situation is that my better half is quite practical. To her, it makes no sense to buy a SureFire or Arc when another light is probably, for all intents and purposes, almost as good. She doesn't go crazy on buying shoes, accessories, or what not, so I can't justify my light addition with anything equivalent that she does!

greenLED

Flashaholic
My wife is the most wonderful and supportive female on the face of this planet. She's OK as long as I don't sell the house to buy more lights. She's actually encouraged me to do some modding. I love her dearly!