Digital camera, for those considering Rebel 300D

geepondy

Flashlight Enthusiast
Canon just released it successor at the same price here . LOL, at least I owned my current Rebel 300D for a whole year before it became obsolete.

MaxaBaker

Flashlight Enthusiast
Well, it may be the same retail price, but it's going to be a while before stores get a lot of them and you can find the whole camera for $600.

Beauty of a camera though. Thanks for the link.

LukeK

Enlightened
Re: Digital camera, for those considering Rebel 30

Thank you for the link geepondy. I've been considering purchasing the digital rebel in a few months, but have been waiting to see what this one would be like!

geepondy

Flashlight Enthusiast

It's a nice upgrade with some nice enhancements some of which should have been on the original Rebel but if the original Rebel can be had (if it includes the kit lens) for $600 as MaxBaker alludes to, then that is a helluva deal. I would have to see just where that can be purchased for $600.

MaxaBaker

Flashlight Enthusiast

Unfortunatly, it is now back to $725. Still a steal for that camera though.

geepondy

Flashlight Enthusiast

Hey I know you're just trying to do a good deed by posting a web site with a great price but this looks like one of those less reputable NYC dealers that will advertise the camera at a low price and try to get you with high priced accessories. The reason I say that is that the accessories listed on the linked page such as memory cards, readers, etc. are very high priced. What typically happens is that you will place your order and then the salesman will call you and attempt to sell you the high priced accessories. When you decline, suddenly the camera is unavailable or on backorder.

Having said that, there may be some great deals out there on the Rebel 300D as it has been out for awhile and you might get a closeout price. I would say if you cannot get at least $200-250 off of the selling price of the new 350D, then you're better off buying the 300D as it truly does offer some more desireable features, not to mention a 2 meg increase in resolution without a noise penalty.

[ QUOTE ]
MaxaBaker said:
Geepondy,

I found it on this website during a sale for just under $625:

http://www.stop4camera.com/shop/Product.asp?sku=cneosrdkit

[/ QUOTE ]

MaxaBaker

Flashlight Enthusiast

Yes, have read many reviews of this website. People talk about everything you have mentioned. But, a lot of people that ordered them get the camera eventually for a good price. Those who didn't want to screw with them just got their money back. But, it's still a pain in the A**.

I like the higher resolution of the new one. My uncle is considering this one when it becomes available as well now..... /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/rolleyes.gif

LukeK

Enlightened

There will be a silver model for the 350D (also called the Digital Rebel XT). The Canon Digital Rebel was also called the 300D and in asia, I believe it was deemed the "Canon Kiss Digital".

MaxaBaker

Flashlight Enthusiast

O geeez, that again!!! There are quite few of names for the 300d, and for people that don't know much about the cameras that can be confusing!!!

Xrunner

Flashlight Enthusiast

Cool, thanks for the link... I have been looking at the Canon and Nikons for a while and might have to get one now that the price is dropping. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

-Mike