Which Forum on CPF you avoid?

SJACKAL

Enlightened
I avoid the BST and the Custom BST forums, for reasons everyone here will know without me mentioning. Rather, I prefer the BST Non-lights, coz its more like windows shopping there becoz most of the stuff I probably won't be interested in buying, at least for me.

Also, I find it hard to keep up with the CPF forums, there are just too many threads, which moves at good speed.

Its been many months since I last clicked into the General forum, I find myself prefering the Knives & Gadgets forum, Incandescents Forum and Cafe instead, coz the threads are slow moving and easier to read, less stressful.

/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/icon15.gif

Solstice

Flashlight Enthusiast
I don't consciously avoid it, but I can't say I spend much time in the incandescent forum- I'm more of an LED guy.

MaxaBaker

Flashlight Enthusiast
Until recently, the laser forum. But, I'll probably be discontinuing my travels to the mystical land of lasers very soon.

greenLED

Flashaholic
I don't really avoid any part of CPF. I think I've only read *one* thread in the laser forum and that's it. I've noticed myself migrating from reading mostly LED or the Incan forums (and Cafe/BST once in a while) to the Sammie Shop and the Homemade sections as my interests in lights have recently changed.

jhereg

Enlightened
I have been avoiding the B/S/T forums for quite a while. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/broke.gif As my finances improve I find myself browsing, but have not purchased anything recently.

nexro

Enlightened
I would really like to avoid BST, Custom BST and GB forums. But they just keep popping up on the "Latest threads" /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/crazy.gif

tech

Newly Enlightened
Nothing yet, but the Cafe is at the top of the list for me.

Is there any way to filter or block posts created by a certain user?

I know you can set things up to see only certain forums, but I'm wondering if there is a way to filter out posts by certain users.
That's the only way I can come up with to avoid the aggravation of seeing some of the inane posts that come up here on an almost hourly basis...

T

greenLED

Flashaholic
Kiessling, I thought this would only ignore PM's /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/icon3.gif If I choose the ignore option, will it blank out or not display the user's posts in a thread (at least for me)?

Icebreak

Flashlight Enthusiast
greenLED -

I just tried on your profile. Your post space, avatar, member name etc. showed up but "*** You are ignoring this user ***" replaced the text of your post.

Yes, I did unignore you and can now see your post again. I've wondered how that worked.

- Jeff

Kiessling

Flashaholic
thanx for doing the scientific testing Jeff ... was wondering myself /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif
bernhard

P.S.: could you ignore yourself? /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Wits' End

Flashlight Enthusiast
Remote NEast Minnesota, next to Lake Superior
[ QUOTE ]
Kiessling said:
thanx for doing the scientific testing Jeff ... was wondering myself /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif
bernhard
P.S.: could you ignore yourself? /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

[/ QUOTE ]
No such luck. We have to see our own posts. In my own profile the option to "ignore this user" isn't there.
Of course maybe since my posts are always so valuable (and modest may I add) the "Ignore this user" could have been eliminated from my profile, as a special case /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Back OT there aren't any I ignore but I usually hit LED and Cafe first