Turtlelite from ledcorp

stormchaser

Newly Enlightened
has anyone heard of the "turtlelite" LED flashlight from LEDCORP.com?
I placed an order for one 2 weeks ago and haven't heard from them since my confirmation email that day. no light and no word /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/frown.gif

Nitroz

Flashlight Enthusiast
1. Have you sent them a follow up email?
2. Did they provide a tracking number?
Yes I have heard of the Turtlelight from the Led museum which was also reviewed by Craig. Turtlelight
Good Luck!

stormchaser

Newly Enlightened
thanks for the post
no tracking number
yes i've sent them 3 emails made 3 phone calls

Flying Turtle

Flashaholic
I think the Turtlelite 1 is essentially the same as the Dorcy Cool Blue that can still be found at Sears. This was my first LED flashlight. Found it at Walmart at least five years ago.

Geoff

soloco

Enlightened
Does anyone know if Ledcorp is still doing business? There was talk a little while ago that they went under.

BillM

Newly Enlightened
Ledcorp drove me crazy. I have ordered from them 4 or 5 times in the last couple of years. They are slow to ship and simply horrible with communications. My last order (last summer) took 3 month till I got it. No one answered the phone in many calls and no responses to about 3 e mails. Yet, one day, months later, my order shows up. They had billed my credit card shortly after I placed my order so they had my money and I waited months. I simply will not do business with them any longer. The only problem is I consider the Turtlelite II to be the finest flashlight in it's category. Oh well. Good luck.

Bill

TrueBlue

Flashlight Enthusiast
I have a Turtlelite and it was my 4 year old son's favorite light until I gave him a shimmer blue MicroMag.

The Turtlelite is not the brightest but it is the toughest of my bunch. I pulled the Nichia type LEDs and replaced it with an EverLED. The new combination had a much brighter beam. Let me also add that the Turtlelite has a nice faceted reflector. The Turtlelite's rubber and plastic armor plating has seen lots of tumbles; it still works and looks like new.

I think it floats.

RonM

Flashlight Enthusiast
The turtle is a classic. One of the original LED flashlights. But at this point it's getting kind of long in the tooth, IMHO. Just too big for a 1 LED light. Still mine gets use around the home.

ACMarina

Flashlight Enthusiast
I think it'd make a great boatlight if it floats. Big, bulky, easy to hold on to. .

Never thought about the Everled, that would be sweet. .

stormchaser

Newly Enlightened
[ QUOTE ]
BillM said:
Ledcorp drove me crazy. I have ordered from them 4 or 5 times in the last couple of years. They are slow to ship and simply horrible with communications. My last order (last summer) took 3 month till I got it. No one answered the phone in many calls and no responses to about 3 e mails. Yet, one day, months later, my order shows up. They had billed my credit card shortly after I placed my order so they had my money and I waited months. I simply will not do business with them any longer. The only problem is I consider the Turtlelite II to be the finest flashlight in it's category. Oh well. Good luck.
Bill

[/ QUOTE ]
thanks for the post
this is ridiculous! when i think how hard it is to get sales inquiries and orders,.... makes me sick!!!!!
looks like i'll cancel my credit card order.
good thing i didnt pay cash!
/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/mad.gif

TrueBlue

Flashlight Enthusiast
Yes, I'm 99 and 44/100% sure the Turtlelite floats.

turtlelite.jpg

jbfla

Newly Enlightened
My Turtlelite took over 3 months to arrive also. I just figured I had been scammed again (had just lost $$ to the Arc guy).

My Turtlelite has 2 LEDs (a Turtlelite II?) and a faceted reflector. The Dorcy, which I also have, has 1 LED and a smooth reflector.

JB

stormchaser

Newly Enlightened
i called them again today and spoke to "John" the owner, nice guy said it would be here next week

geepondy

Flashlight Enthusiast
I have a turtle lite 2 and it is a good match for an everled with the fauceted reflector and still seems to run forever on a set of batteries even with the everled.