What does the black dot mean?

Artifact

Newly Enlightened
Hi everyone. I'm new here and have a question.
I bought a green pointer from Atlasnova, which I'm happy with.
Can anyone tell me what the black dot on the box is a code for? [

ACMarina

Flashlight Enthusiast
I'd guess that it's the code so that Arnold can look at the box and tell what casing is inside without having to open them. .

Artifact

Newly Enlightened
Thanks everyone and some pics.

Thanks for the replies. Guess I'm just dense. It's the all black pointer so I guess that explains the black dot. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

Originally I had thought perhaps I had gotten a pointer that was more than 5mw. It seemed pretty bright to me. Here are some indoor daylight pics.
DSCN2036.jpg
DSCN1999.jpg

wolfblue

Newly Enlightened
Re: Thanks everyone and some pics.

I wondered what the dot was for too. I always buy the black pointer because shiny things scare me.

As for the photo's
The top one looks like a 10-15mw leadlight...AT NIGHT
The bottom a 10-15mw inside in daytime

abeland1

Enlightened

Just to avoid any confusion down the road, Leadlight puts a black dot on the boxes of the pointers with black bodies. The All-Black is made only for AtlasNova. Black Leadlights other than those from AtlasNova have Shiny Gold Tips and Clips that scare people. By the look of the pictures, you must have bought one of our CPF "specials" /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/happy14.gif

ACMarina

Flashlight Enthusiast

Hmm, so my ultra-cool all black leadlight is kinda like a limited edition? Sweetness. .

Artifact

Newly Enlightened
Question for Arnold

Arnold,

What is a CPF "Special"? The pointer I bought from you was a "Buy Now" on Ebay. I assumed it was less than 5mw. Did I get something else by mistake?

abeland1

Enlightened
Re: Question for Arnold

[ QUOTE ]
Artifact said:
Arnold,

What is a CPF "Special"? The pointer I bought from you was a "Buy Now" on Ebay. I assumed it was less than 5mw. Did I get something else by mistake?

[/ QUOTE ]

The "Buy it now" greens at my eBay store are never under 5mW, more like 5, 6 or 7. The CPF special is if a member calls me and convinces me that he/she is a CPF member and a responsible adult. No modifying. In such a case, a purchase of $79 on our website results in a doubling of power. You probably received one of these. This is why Alvine seldom allows me to help with packing and shipping. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/icon3.gif

DaFiend

Enlightened
Re: Question for Arnold

[ QUOTE ]
abeland1 said:
You probably received one of these. This is why Alvine seldom allows me to help with packing and shipping. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/icon3.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/crackup.gif

EDIT: this post probably looks like i'm laughing at arnold for a mix-up, i'm not. just that alvine doesn't like arnold doing the shipping, cause he's generous /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif.