Dorcy Spyder

MaxaBaker

Flashlight Enthusiast
Was at Lowes tonight, saw a 2 x CR123 light I haven't seen before. I didn't have any cash on me so I didn't buy it. It was solid aluminum, rubber tail button, and rubber grip. Seemed like a very nice light, except, it claimed 119.5 lumens!!!!!!! I highly doubt it was even close to that. But, it was a very nice and solid little light so I am surly going to buy it if I ever make my way back to Lowes. For 20 bucks, it would be nice even if it wasn't that bright. Anybody have one of these?

AnotherDaveH

Newly Enlightened
Got mine at Costco - 2 for $28! They are bright. ~120 lumens may be a little optimistic. Both of mine have a somewhat annoying shadow from the bulb pins in the beam. A great little light for the price.

Turt

Enlightened
nice light... I would imagine that the maxfire would have a better beam for the same price if you have access to them over there.

MaxaBaker

Flashlight Enthusiast
no, no maxfires. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/frown.gif

But, I really like the look of that little Spyder. I don't care much about the beam. It's not and wouldn't be my EDC, so it's unimportant to me. It's just a cool little light.

StuU

Enlightened
The Spyder uses the same bulb as the Brinkman LX which is rated at around 75 lumens. The reflector doesn't give a real good beam. And the switch is very very cheaply built and doesn't have momentary on. It turns on/off after pushing in and then releasing.

But not bad for some interesting mod projects. I wouldn't pay more than the Costco 2 for $28 deal.

MaxaBaker

Flashlight Enthusiast
Thanks for your responses everybody. Seems like a worthwhile buy, even if it does have a few flaws.

Turt

Enlightened
no way that the p61 would fit. The bezel is too small. I just tried to fit one of those bugout gear ones. Not even close... would have been real cool though... It does have really nice output with the stock bulb though.

StuU

Enlightened
This light has plenty of modability. It has room enough for one of the Sandwich Shop converter boards + LuxIII + 17/20mm reflector. I was able to buy 10 of these lights on surplus sale and have modded 2 of them for various applications.