Question : How to Gold coat to Q-III ?

L

LITEmania

Am going to make two ; one for me, one for CPF.
Any idea or any person who can do this, please contact by e-mail.

Warren,

cobb

Flashlight Enthusiast
I hope someone answered the question for you. I am not too sure, but I believe if you are refering to a flashlight, you can get metal plated with gold like they do with chrome, just need to find a shop to do it.

ACMarina

Flashlight Enthusiast
Well, Warren was the first one (I think) that brought the QIII to our attention. Drawing upon all of the aspects of what makes a flashlight good, the QIII is probably best in class. While a gold version probably wouldn't sell very much in an open market, an extremely-limited edition like this would probably have some interested folks, especially if the LED was a lotto winner. Maybe some nice upgrades added in would be nice, like a UCL and stuff.

You know what would be cool is a gold-plated Arc. That would be sweet. .

Doug Owen

Flashlight Enthusiast
Some metal platers offer this service. It's very dangerous as cyanide is involved, so a lot of guys don't handle it or 'farm it out'.

IIRC you'll need to strip the finish, polish it, then underplate with copper then nickel. A very thin plate of gold is then put on top.

I'd start with the folks that replate table silver and old car parts.

Doug Owen

L

LITEmania

Many years ago, when I worked for other company, we have presented a gold plated facsimile to Deutsch Telecom GmbH for celebrating hit 200,000set shipment.

I am not such a freak to EDC this golden flashlight (weak against scratch), just display in my showroom to celebrate my own small 2k pcs sales of this 'incredibly ugly light'. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/tongue.gif

Thanks for all the information, guys.