New KL1 Mod ?

mountaineer

Newly Enlightened
I was just woundering if Tony or any one else has a Mod for the new KL1 . I dont like the beam at all and I dont use mine . I think it´s a shame having a light laying around that is not getting any use because you dont like it . Im thinking about putting a good binned Lux III and a reflector in mine but first wanted to ask the pro´s what they think . Thanks .

-----------------------------
Kenny

Ralf

Enlightened
If you don't like the beam, just sell the
new one, try to get an old KL1 and then you
are happy to mod it. But I would not mod
a new KL1 because this one should already have a
nice LUXIII inside and an optic that you can't buy
somewhere else.

Cheers
Ralf

xpitxbullx

Flashlight Enthusiast
Tony should be receiving my 4th gen KL1 Friday. Progress for this mod will soon be underway.

Currently, the 4thgen KL1 is a Lux-III underdriven at 1 watt. That thing needs to be fired up to max specs!

akula88

Enlightened
Also try to ask Tony if the circuit for the 4th gen KL1 is still similar with the older version.

My 2ndGen KL1 modded by Tony is sweet after being uprated to 700ma and so17xa reflector, and especially when hosted by an E2e body. I noticed that using a 1xCR123 body, it gets warm faster.

Chop

Flashlight Enthusiast
I have seen pictures of the board of the newer KL1 (courtesy of milkyspit I believe) and the board looks the same as the one used in the older KL1s. The current and inductor sense resistor just had different values on them.

I've noticed, once again in pics, that the new KL1 is also taller than the older KL1. I'm hoping that the added space is there to accommodate the new optic and the rest of the stuff is pretty much where is was before. If this is the case, I may be able to get a full size McR20 in there. Now that would be sweet. Yes, you'd sacrifice a bit of Lux and throw, but think of what you would gain in practical terms. After all, can the KL1 optic do anything that the McR20 can't?

Latest posts