mounting 2AA 19mm light on bike handlebar

asminator

Newly Enlightened
Hi,

Just got my SL Jr. Lux and want to use it on my bike. I am looking for some kind of holder. It should be fixed on the handlebar and should have something like a clamp that the light can be attached and removed easily. The device should be robust enough that it does not slip while handling.

Do you have any ideas how this could be archieved?

Greets,
-adi

asminator

Newly Enlightened
Looks good, but it does not seem to be available over here in Europe...

Anyway, perhaps I can make something like this by myself, it does not look very difficult..

Greets,
-adi

cy

Flashaholic
Find a dealer that handles twofish products and ship overseas.

bike Nashbar handles twofish flashlight mounts. don't know if they will ship overseas

AndrewL

Newly Enlightened
I do this every so often with torches

I use a plastic clip for motors from a hobby shop and some blue tack to mak a bracket which fits nicely to both torch and handle bar. If you want you can put some super glue over the blue tack and it should take the shape and stay fairly hard. You can then just strap it on with a short luggage strap. a velcro strap ithandle as it looks neater and is easy to take off when you get there. Or you could get a clamp for a normal light and glue the mtor holder onto that. This looks a bit neater and is faster to put on but doesn't work any better when it's on

Stanley

Flashlight Enthusiast
Back on the Twofish lockblock, does anyone here know of any online dealers that does shipping internationally? Would love to get my hands on a couple of those...

AndrewL

Newly Enlightened
maybe chain reaction cycles can get them (not sure what the web site is so just google it

Stanley

Flashlight Enthusiast
Andrew, I just checked Chain Reaction, they didn't seem to carry the Twofish lockblock... /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/frown.gif Thanks anyway...

Glen, does it slip fairly easily? Cos it looks like riding over some rough terrain/uneven ground might cause the holder to slip and point the light downwards or something... Thanks anyway, maybe I'll try and fashion something similar using old tyre tubes... /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

L

LITEmania

Goods_detail_VTBL-BH10_3~_NL%20STAR.jpg

glenthemole

Newly Enlightened
[ QUOTE ]
Stanley said:
Glen, does it slip fairly easily? Cos it looks like riding over some rough terrain/uneven ground might cause the holder to slip and point the light downwards or something... Thanks anyway, maybe I'll try and fashion something similar using old tyre tubes... /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

You have to stretch it pretty tight to get it round the handlebars and the light, so its held quite firmly, though i haven't tried it on rough ground, as i don't really offroad at night.