Surefire L2 clip issue.

C

Cosmic Superchunk

I've recently acquired a Surefire L2 and I love everything about the torch except that the pocket clip can't stay put. It moves from side to side. At first I thought it was missing the little plastic insert that fits beween the clip and the torch's body, but that's not it. It seems that the ends that slide into the slot on the body aren't wide enough. I tried swapping the clip from my E2E, which fits nice and tight on the L2, but it looks kinda freaky with a short clip. Does Surefire sell spare clips?

Size15's

Flashaholic
I suggest you contact SureFire about this on Monday. Some movement of the long clip is normal in my experience and it should not cause an issues in use. However, if you are unhappy and feel the movement is too much or it is causing clipping issues for you then I'm sure that SureFire will be able to help you out when you give them a call and explain.

Please let us know how you get on.

Al

C

Cosmic Superchunk

Thanks for the advice, Al. I'll call them. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/thanks.gif

Disciple

Enlightened
Is there a stronger clip made that will fit the L2? I find the clip on the L2 a real disappointment on an otherwise fine product. Placed beside a Benchmade, the Surefire clip feels like something that clown from the Shop At Home Network katana video should be peddling. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/icon15.gif

C

Cosmic Superchunk

The shorter clips like that of the E2E will fit tight and properly except that it looks odd.

leukos

Flashlight Enthusiast
None of my SF clips seem strong enough to me out of the box. I usually pull them off and use a pair of pliers to bend the piece at the top to make them tighter. It has worked well so far. It doesn't make sense to leave a loose clip on a $160 light! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/cool.gif

Disciple

Enlightened
I am surprised that no CPF'er has taken it upon himself to make stiffer clips for these. Even if bent to provide more spring force, the metal will still be flimsy.

It is a shame I can't take off the clip without degrading the water resistance of the light.

C

Cosmic Superchunk

[ QUOTE ]
leukos said:
None of my SF clips seem strong enough to me out of the box. I usually pull them off and use a pair of pliers to bend the piece at the top to make them tighter. It has worked well so far. It doesn't make sense to leave a loose clip on a $160 light! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/cool.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

Sounds like a good idea for a quick fix. I just got an email from the folks at Surefire and they're sending me a replacement clip.