RMSK, Inc.        

Thread: Anybody Bought This LED Light Yet?

Default Anybody Bought This LED Light Yet?

Remote NEast Minnesota, next to Lake Superior

Default Re: Anybody Bought This LED Light Yet?

It looks decent but I am leary about any LED flashlight on ebay. Many use inferior LED's as they are cheap imports. I won't buy one untill I see a positive review. So someone has to be the first.
    I would say the SL 4AA 7LED would be better by far and about the same price. But bigger.

hey Wits' end, i was about to bid when i see your post and decide to wait like you did. Someone please buy one [img]images/icons/smile.gif[/img]

Remote NEast Minnesota, next to Lake Superior

I said--So someone has to be the first.---
    Not you shiftd? [img]images/icons/grin.gif[/img] [img]images/icons/grin.gif[/img]

Okay, I just used Buy-It-Now and it appears I shall indeed be The First. Of course I bought it to mod, not leave stock, as I'm sure the leds in it were probably from a cash register display or something. Just hope it has enough room in the head for a decent heatsink and NX-05 optic...

if the mod succesful, lemme be the first to buy from you

Flashaholic*

You might want to give it a review (of sorts), before you rip it apart for modding. [img]images/icons/wink.gif[/img]

yup yup. good review will do. [img]images/icons/wink.gif[/img]

Quite confident that is will be a good light using nichia LEDS. My guess is based on the other LEDS now coming out of China - remarkably high level of quality for the price. Of course, not surefire yet, but many lights are now very well made. In my mind, the Legend LX that came out last year is the first of the slew of lights coming out that offer great performance for the dollar.

I wonder how long before these manufacturers being using the Luxeons. My guess is within 12 months.

MO

Charlie,

That looks like a great host! I look forward to your clever re-work! I have a LifeStyle's light that has a similar 3xAAA carrier and the carrier is subject to not providing a complete circuit often??!? I never did get to the point of trouble shooting it. Hopefully you will not have the same problem but I mention this as a possible trouble shooting issue if your light doesn't work as expected.

Aloha,
    Don

Don,

Oh no!!! Well we'll see. They tell me it shipped out today...

K3LAW

I just ordered the 9-LED version, that uses 3-c cells. I will let you know what I think of it when i receive it.