Will a MAG85 out throw a M3T with the HOLA?

5.0Trunk

Enlightened
If anyone has these 2 lights, will the Mag85 out throw a M3T and if so, is it by alot?

Thanks

leukos

Flashlight Enthusiast
I owned a Mag85 and a KT2 (almost the same as the M3T). The reflectors are similar in size but the Mag85's 700+ lumens vs. HOLA 250 lumens; the Mag85 has bigger, brighter hotspot that just roars past the SF. The Mag85 is fun, but that is the one I sold. I kept my KT2 (way more practical and versatile). /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/cool.gif

MaxaBaker

Flashlight Enthusiast
With a FM 3" head on it, there would be no competition. The Mag would smother it in lumens. Without the FM head, I don't really know but my guess woulb be yes.

DarkLight

Enlightened
[ QUOTE ]
MaxaBaker said:
With a FM 3" head on it, there would be no competition. The Mag would smother it in lumens. Without the FM head, I don't really know but my guess woulb be yes.

[/ QUOTE ]

just curious do you have either of those lights?

5.0Trunk

Enlightened
Thanks for the replies. The reason I asked is because I have an M3 and all the parts for the Mag85 less the reflector/lens. I was going to get the KT4 but I think I will get the FM3 H head and have two great lights. Thanks again.

DarkLight

Enlightened
I just showed my mag85 to the termite inspector today,, what fun...he was using a rov 2 d halogen with crappy batteries, I said try this light, he said, o a maglight those are nice...I said not really try it....

He was like OMG ....Our company should buy those for us....

I said they should but you have to build them you cant "buy them" (normally)....

KevinL

Flashlight Enthusiast
Darklight, that was MEAN! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/tongue.gif

I mean, pitting a 2D cell light against one of the most powerful things in tube-torch land.... /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif how do you think the 2D will feel /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/blush.gif

Let's see, 10-15 lumens on a good day with fresh cells vs 800+? Talk about nuking the anthill /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/crackup.gif