Best LED light?

Rothrandir

Flashaholic
what is your maximum price, and what is your intended use? this will help us give you the most bang for your buck!
grin.gif

Saaby

Flashaholic
Looking to get one of each...for a total of 3 lights? If so lets go:

CMG Infinity Ultra or Ultra III?Arc AAA
SF KL1 or KL3KL1
Inova X5T or other? For a little less you could drop a Opalec into a Minimag. Everyone loves the 5XT though so...

dirobesh

Enlightened
I own 2 from your original list, the reactor(?) and the X5T. If you can afford it, get both - the reactor gives off a really good light with lithiums and the X5T, although dimmer, looks sooo cool that it too is a must. Could I also suggest from personal experience, an eternalight ergo - surely the most flexible of torches, a teknolite traser - great for finding in the dark and very bright for a 4 led light, an opalec NewBeam mod and a lucido C10. Don't bother with the PAL light, it's very bright for a single led but the beam is far too narrow.

RonM

Flashlight Enthusiast
Don't bother with the PAL light, it's very bright for a single led but the beam is far too narrow.
<font size="2" face="Verdana, Arial">Pop the lens out with a small screwdriver, reverse it and put it back for a more useable, wider beam.

Charles Bradshaw

Flashlight Enthusiast
There is no Ultra III. There is a Reactor III, which can use Alkaline AA (3), only. It is only available from Shomer Tec.

If you are going to use a surefire LS head, the LS1 is for the Executive Series. Keep that in mind.

The Ultra is bright for single LED and 1AA. Advanteage is that you can use Lithium AA for cold conditions (where alks won't cut it). Civilian version comes with neck lanyard and 'pocket' clip (actually ballcap or BDU cap), while the Government version does not. Otherwise, they are the same thing.

I don't have an X5T (yet), but the Arc LS is a very good light. Silviron makes headlamp mods for it, and Doug Speck has made custom C and D packs. I have a 2C on order from Doug, and have a headlamp mod from Silviron.